As a general rule, I try to avoid belonging to any group (or Group) with the word "Prancing" in its title.

Views: 1918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, well, I've had a good run.

You know, it was almost exactly 10 years ago that you were the first to respond to my very first post.  old photo old.gif

{I seem to be hooked on the smilies today.}

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Ah, well, I've had a good run.

You know, it was almost exactly 10 years ago that you were the first to respond to my very first post.  old photo old.gif

{I seem to be hooked on the smilies today.}

Really? I hope I didn't say anything stupid.

Really? I hope I didn't say anything stupid.

I believe it was "Welcome.  We're glad you're here."

So, in retrospect ... yeah, kinda stupid.   photo tongue.gif

I just saw a commercial where they used the song "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner changed to "Hot Pockets".  photo eek.gif

Two things right now.

1.) I am currently watching (on Hulu) a short-lived British TV series called Spy. I love it. It is freakin' brilliant. I know nothing of any of the actors, but I just love the humor and the sharp dialog. It's about a guy who is part of MI:5, but can't let anyone know, even the hilariously bitter son and his ex-wife and her dull-witted husband. So much better than the sum of its parts.

2.) I watched American Graffiti this weekend for the first time in about twenty years. I think I fell in love with Cindy Williams a little bit.

"Thor: Pull Up Your Pants, Thor!" would be a great name for Thor 3.

I am thinking that I heartily approve of the new KFC commercials featuring Colonel Sanders.

I am thinking that "Hamburglar Reborn" commercial I saw today has me waiting for the next installment.

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

I am thinking that I heartily approve of the new KFC commercials featuring Colonel Sanders.

As someone who remembers seeing the real Harlan Sanders when he did commercials for Kentucky Fried Chicken back in the '60's, it's difficult to get behind whomever this actor is playing him.  I appreciate the advertising approach, but I can't help remembering how the real colonel looked and sounded.

I remember he turned up in an episode of Little House on the Prairie talking about making a restaurant selling just chicken and getting laughed at because Mrs. Olsen couldn't imagine a restaurant only selling one item.

Ron M. said:

I remember he turned up in an episode of Little House on the Prairie talking about making a restaurant selling just chicken and getting laughed at because Mrs. Olsen couldn't imagine a restaurant only selling one item.

That was the episode "Wave of the Future", but it wasn't the real Harlan Sanders.  He had died in December of 1980, several months before "Wave of the Future" was filmed.  An actor by the name of John A. Roberts portrayed Sanders.

I'm pretty sure that the first exposure many of us had to Kentucky Fried Chicken was in the movie Goldfinger (1964). Somewhere in the story Felix Leiter and his sidekick are eating at a Kentucky Fried Chicken location while keeping tabs on Bond. It wasn't a national brand yet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service