As a general rule, I try to avoid belonging to any group (or Group) with the word "Prancing" in its title.

Views: 2042

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Toastmasters of the Universe

"I don't know whether I'm a liberal or something else," said Neklyudov with a smile, always surprised to find himself assigned to one party or another and described as a liberal just because he believed that a person should be given a hearing before being condemned, that all are equal under the law, and that nobody should be tortured or beaten. ~ from Leo Tolstoy's "Resurrection" (written in 1899)

Damn Moon!

I wonder if Dexter (Stefan Doo) Lane ever gets dressed up for the holidays.

If your last name is Miserables, you shouldn't name your son Lester.

Which reminds me I grew up with a guy named Billy Kidd.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

If your last name is Miserables, you shouldn't name your son Lester.

Years ago, advice columist Ann Landers talked about how cruel some parents were in naming their kids.

She cited the example of the two Pigg sisters, named Ima and Ura.

Chris Fluit said:

"I don't know whether I'm a liberal or something else," said Neklyudov with a smile, always surprised to find himself assigned to one party or another and described as a liberal just because he believed that a person should be given a hearing before being condemned, that all are equal under the law, and that nobody should be tortured or beaten. ~ from Leo Tolstoy's "Resurrection" (written in 1899)

Just seen this. Worth quoting twice...

Kirk G said:

Years ago, advice columist Ann Landers talked about how cruel some parents were in naming their kids.

She cited the example of the two Pigg sisters, named Ima and Ura.

The one I remember from Freakonomics was the woman who called her daughter "Sh*thead" but said it was pronounced Shi'tee-ad

Alan Moore, posting (TV) Avengers videos and deliberating making another coffee as it's gone midnight.

Moore has just put two inter-related short films up on the net, for everyone's perusal, should you want to avail of them.  Surprised it's not a bigger deal.

Figserello said:

The one I remember from Freakonomics was the woman who called her daughter "Sh*thead" but said it was pronounced Shi'tee-ad

Around here, it was pronounced "Sh'theed."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service