As a general rule, I try to avoid belonging to any group (or Group) with the word "Prancing" in its title.

Views: 1696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When was Little House set?

When did they change the name to try to hide the fact they sell fried foods? (Like Super Sugar Crisp is now Super Golden Crisp because "sugar" has become a bad word.)

Ron M. said:

When did they change the name to try to hide the fact they sell fried foods? (Like Super Sugar Crisp is now Super Golden Crisp because "sugar" has become a bad word.)

That was in 1991. The company's original claim was that it changed the name to accommodate what the public was already familiarly calling it.  (And that part is true; younger-generation consumers were already calling Kentucky Fried Chicken "KFC", the same way they referred to McDonald's as "Mickey D's".)  However, a year later, then-president of KFC U.S., Kyle Craig, admitted that the name-change was an attempt to distance the chain from the unhealthy implications of the word fried.

I've never heard of anyone calling McDonald's "Mickey D's" except, oddly enough, in a manga where the artist said they call it that in Japan.

I've heard McDonald's called "Mickey D's" for decades.

I'm with Clark. I've heard it since I was an undergrad, and that was a long time ago.

I have as well, up here in Canada.

Also, KFC now uses the full name, "Kentucky Fried Chicken," again.

Commander Benson said:

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

I am thinking that I heartily approve of the new KFC commercials featuring Colonel Sanders.

As someone who remembers seeing the real Harlan Sanders when he did commercials for Kentucky Fried Chicken back in the '60's, it's difficult to get behind whomever this actor is playing him.  I appreciate the advertising approach, but I can't help remembering how the real colonel looked and sounded.

The actor is Darrell Hammond, who was on Saturday Night Live from 1995-2009.  He's best known for his impressions, with Bill Clinton being among his best remembered impersonations.  I saw the commercial today and I didn't care for it.  I remember the KFC commercials from the '70s with Col. Sanders, and this just felt like a bad parody.  The real Sanders came across as a soft spoken, genuine person to me and I think this would have been beneath his dignity.  Hammond was clowning it up, as if Sanders had a flimsy grasp of reality.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

When was Little House set?

1870s-1880s

So...Colonel Sanders was time traveling?

Evidently, since he was born in 1890.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service