I'm taking a class and we have to come up with designs.  I think comic book covers would be too complicated for a beginner class, but it might be a fun challenge just to come up with some design tries.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Something Biblical in scale, like the full page panel of the still smoking body of the Silver Surfer having just been granted the power cosmic by the giant hand of Galactus. that's the first thing that popped into my mind, anyway.

• Maybe Flash 123, with both Barry and Jay rushing to save the dude in the center?

• Or the central figures of Crisis 7, considering the pose is already a religious imagery.

• This has always been a particular favorite image of mine, but almost anything from Jack Kirby's Fourth world would lend itself to stained glass.

New-Gods-v1-06b.JPG How about this?
    New-Gods-v1-05b.JPG

• This is not the one I was thinking of earlier, but it's the one I had in mind. Or vice versa. Anyway, Google "Silver Surfer Galactus Images" (and maybe even throw "Buscema" or "Kirby" into you search) and you'll get more images than you can use.

surfer2.gifTHAT would make a great stained glass window!

• Any of them would, but I don't have the skill just yet.  

• How about Silver Surfer 4 (Thor Vs Mephisto)

and would the Angel on the cover of Marvels 2 be a tad too 'religious'?

• What about that panel of the Surfer turning Quasimodo into a humanoid in FF Annual#5? I used to have a black light poster of that.

• subject matter doesn't seem to matter. I'm going to come up with different designs and the teacher will help me decide which one to go with. So far I've got the Pythagorean theorem and Rose Quartz's shield from Steven Universe and the schematic for a vacuum tube voltmeter. Converting the pictures into a pattern for a window is Thursday's class.

• If you want something comic book releated specifically to use in your class, you might consider something simpler such as the FF logo.

This reply was deleted.