Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers #1, which was really good ("There will be no eating of teammates."), and G.I. Joe: Cobra #1-3. People who know me know that I don't just pick up and read a G.I. Joe comic. I've never been into them, and I was never even into the toys, really. But the guys on iFanboy really recommended this book, saying it doesn't feel like a Joe book at all. And it really doesn't. It's a lot more like a Queen and Country story. One of the guys (in the Hawaiian shirt) goes undercover, and it's an extremely good spy story so far. Cobra nor G.I. Joe (I believe) have never been mentioned in this book, but some of the characters have. VERY highly recommended!

Views: 14724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow...welcome to horse race central because Screw-On Head is my favorite Mignola creation.  Since he's never gone back to it, even after the animated special, and he dislikes how much some people love the young Hellboy "pamcakes" story...Mignola's surreal wacky side isn't his favorite...too bad.

Umm ... I hope he meant "reap" ...

...I read the new THE SHADOW #1 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #8 to-day .

,,,Where is this from ??? Eons ago , I read an adaptation of this in one of Marvel's early 70s mystery comics ,scripted by Rascally Roy IIRC drawn by Gil Kane?? , I've never been able to track down Bloch's prose one

Travis Herrick said:

Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper, an adaptation of the Robert Bloch story. In this story Jack the Ripper is an immortal who has to sacrifice five people every five years to retain his immortality.

Either one, Doc, either way works for me...

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Umm ... I hope he meant "reap" ...

There is a list of appearances of the Bloch story here.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the line Odin had in Top 10: "Verily, my son, thou art indeed a butt-head."

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Vol. 2: Gods and Monsters. Today I just read "Gods," which was artist Guy Davis's swan song on the title. Tomorrow I get to find out how much I like Tyler Crook's artwork. He's got big shoes to fill!

V2K continues with The Four Horsemen #1-4 by Robert Rodi and Esad Ribic. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse make their entry during the New Year's Eve rock concert in Times Square, and are surprised to find themselves welcomed by the crowd, who think they are part of the show. So they retire to a nearby bar to figure out what to do next. No, really.

...Thank you :-)!!!!!!! That appears to be a modern-day version of the " Books In Print "/similar book that listed short stories' appearances in books' in libraries' stock back in the Seventies .

Luke Blanchard said:

There is a list of appearances of the Bloch story here.

...Yesterday , I read ARCHIE #632 .

To-day , SUPERMAN #8 , FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS #6 , and LOST SON: THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA IRON MAN ( That its precise title ??? ) #5...The last one a bargain-bin purchase .

The Boris Karloff hosted show Thriller adapted this story as well as Pigeons From Hell, and I think a few others. Good stuff!

Travis Herrick said:

Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper, an adaptation of the Robert Bloch story. In this story Jack the Ripper is an immortal who has to sacrifice five people every five years to retain his immortality.

Just finished reading Amazing Spider-Man 678 & 679, a 2-parter which was so-so.

Amazing Spider-Man 679.1, the return of Morbius. Good story.

Amazing Spider-Man 680, the first part of Spidey in space, which was a much better story than I thought it was going to be so that was a nice surprise.

The Grim Ghost 6. After a good first issue and a slow second and third issue, Tony Isabella wrapped up the first Grim Ghost arc nicely. 6 was a really good issue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No fistfights. No flame wars. No trolls. The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2014   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service