Report what comic books you have read today--and tell us a little something about it while you're here!

Views: 48102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #8: The Wolverine story has already gone on for an issue too long, and it still has one more to go. The second story, the best of the issue, features Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) and deals with fakes news and clicks over content. the last story features a new character I had never heard of, White Fox, who debuted in (the recent) Contest of Champions #1. Interesting Korean idiom: "I don't have time to open my eyes and nose."

HOUSE OF X #3: I continue to run hot and cold on this series. I like the story parts, but not the background. I did like the Krakoan alphabet, but I won't take the time to learn it as I did with the one from the Microverse (honestly). I'll post something to 'Tec's discussion when I finish up here.

JIMMY OLSEN #2: In my ever-so-humble opinion, the best Super-book being published today, and the best Jimmy Olsen ever. 

STAR TREK: YEAR FIVE #5: I honestly hope all fans of TOS are reading this. (I will add that "Bright Eyes" as a name for the Tholian child has unfortunate connotations for fans of the genre.)

BRONZE AGE BOOGIE #5: My favorite of the AHOY! Comics titles.

PLANET OF THE NERDS #5: My favorite of the AHOY! Comics titles.

THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT: I remember seeing this Marvel b&w movie adaptation advertised, but I never bought it (nor did I see the movie), but I'll tell you: when I read EiC Mike Wolfer's introductory editorial, that could have been me except the paperback/movie/Marvel mag would have been Doc Savage. This is some '70s style, non-decompressed storytelling (by Marv wolfman and Sonny Trinidad). I wouldn't have spotted it until it was pointed out, but the cover is by Nick Cardy. The only thing I didn't like about this reprint is that the contents of the original magazine are split over two issues.

The movie was featured in Jonah Ray's first season of MST3K.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT: I remember seeing this Marvel b&w movie adaptation advertised, but I never bought it (nor did I see the movie), but I'll tell you: when I read EiC Mike Wolfer's introductory editorial, that could have been me except the paperback/movie/Marvel mag would have been Doc Savage. This is some '70s style, non-decompressed storytelling (by Marv wolfman and Sonny Trinidad). I wouldn't have spotted it until it was pointed out, but the cover is by Nick Cardy. The only thing I didn't like about this reprint is that the contents of the original magazine are split over two issues.

"The movie was featured in Jonah Ray's first season of MST3K."

Oh, $#!t! then I have seen it. (I just forgot.) I must make a point to watch it again after I've read part two of the adaptation. The editor of the reprint did mention that the comic book was better than the movie itself.

It's probably most notable to me for having Anthony Ainley  in a secondary role.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"The movie was featured in Jonah Ray's first season of MST3K."

Oh, $#!t! most memorable to me for having Anthony i then I have seen it. (I just forgot.) I must make a point to watch it again after I've read part two of the adaptation. The editor of the reprint did mention that the comic book was better than the movie itself.

FANTASTIF FOUR #12-13, speaking of revisiting the Seventies, seemed to set up a return to the Dreaded Deadline Doom - boasting a Carnage co we that more absolutely ZERO relation to the story with in! And it wasn't an advance shot of #13, either #+3 continued #1×'s no-Carnage-considered story. WTF?
It was a decent story, however - But when was it announ ed that Ben Grimm turns back to human from the ever-lovin. Thing for one week every year?
And incidentally...

Future Foundation #1-2

Not sure what possessed me to pick these up but they weren't bad.  It has the appeal of an Archie type book with some superhero action thrown into the mix.  Lighthearted cartoony fun.  Apparently it's a spin off from Fantastic Four but it reads to me like it's outside of mainstream continuity.

Batman vs Ra's Al Ghul #1

More wacky Neal Adams Batman bizarreness.  I could be wrong but it seems like Adams is actually more prolific now than he was in his heyday.

Berserker Unbound #2

This is a very low key, decompressed kind of story so far but I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it.  Kind of like Conan/X-O Manowar meets the Fisher King.  I'm starting to wonder if there's more going on here than meets the eye.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service