You know the drill.

Views: 9219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

North Carolina baseball player: Ben Bunting.

I had a garage sale and was selling a lot of my old toys. A mom with two litle girls came by. Since the toys were both mine and my brother's, there wasn't too much that would interest a little gir, at least I thought so. Of everything she picked a styrofoam sword and sheild that was a relativly new toy that my brother bought at target so we could fight with eachother. Yes we're pushing 30 and still horse around. We were selling it for pretty cheap so the mom bought the other sword and shield for the other girl. SHe also got one ax that was similiar to the swords. I guess they'll fight over who gets the ax.

I was selling between 100-200 comics this morning, not sure because I didn't count. A woman bought the whole box early for her 13 year old nephew who's just getting into comics. That was good to hear to.

The thought that people will actually spend their hard-earned money on a book like this, as described by the Associated Press:

"BOOKS-BRISTOL PALIN — Bristol Palin writes in her new book of losing her virginity to boyfriend Levi Johnston after getting drunk on too many wine coolers."

Gee, maybe I can an autographed copy! (Ha!)

Wait, it gets better:

Meanwhile, Johnston, who has feuded often with the Palins, has promised to set the record straight in his own book, "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs." It's scheduled for publication this fall.

Hah!

sly simpson said:

This picture.

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bachmann-admits-john-wayne-flub-still-insists-john-141138713.html

Hey, anyone could confuse John Wayne (the actor) with John Wayne Gacy (the serial killer). The longer Michelle Bachmann stays in the race, the more entertaining this is gonna be!

George said:

news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bachmann-admits-john-wayne-flub-still-insists-john-141138713.html

Hey, anyone could confuse John Wayne (the actor) with John Wayne Gacy (the serial killer). The longer Michelle Bachmann stays in the race, the more entertaining this is gonna be!

I'm not inclined to nitpick over this one, as John Wayne (the actor) was born in Iowa. However, insisting that the Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery, even though they didn't, and that John Quincy Adams was a Founding Father -- and insisting so even after she's told he wasn't -- is a whole 'nother thing.

Ai yi yi yi yi ...

I guess the founders just forgot to free their own slaves.

I have a Democratic friend who is hoping Bachmann gets the GOP nomination. In fact, she plans to vote in the Republican primary to make sure she gets the nom. I'm sure Obama's people are also praying for this scenario.

Last night I was putting some new X-box's in the case when a young boy asked me if it was fun to hold the box. To paraphrase Art Linkletter, kids still say the darnedest things.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service