You know the drill.

Views: 9852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I visited my doctor today, which is fun because he always has lots of stories about the people he meets and deals with and his travels. (Like this one.)

Today, he told me that the neighbor who lives behind his house is the First Daughter and the First Son-in-Law. (Yeah, them.) He said that on Saturday, when the election in Pennsylvania was called, the neighbor who lives next to those two stood in her yard, holding up a pre-printed sign, which she clearly had had at the ready for a long time:

NOW WILL YOU GO BACK TO NEW YORK?

If so, I guess the best really is yet to come for that neighbor.

On another visit, my doctor told me about the time he treated a rich man's spoiled princess daughter. The kind of rich man who has bodyguards around wherever his little girl goes -- big, burly, dark-haired guys wearing sunglasses and suits that hide the hardware strapped to their chests. 

Our patron was pleased at the doctor's services (after all, he does rank every year on the "Top Doctors" list in several publications), so much so that he invited my doctor to the girl's wedding.

Uh, oh.

One of my doctor's friends is a high-ranking official in the U.S. Attorney's office, who nearly broke his arm waving red flags at this scenario, especially as the rich man was making noises about wanting my doctor to provide private, exclusive services, like he's part of the family. The thing to be most wary of? How the rich man introduces you. If it's, "This is my doctor," that's not too bad. But if it's "This is my friend" -- uh, oh.

Today, my doctor also told me about a patient who is against wearing masks. Being a doctor, in a office building full of other doctors, he's very strict about masks. He's got a sign on the door that flatly states, "PLEASE WEAR A MASK WHEN ENTERING." But more than once, he's had to enforce it with the delivery people from UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS/whatever. One day, he entered the office and a delivery guy was right behind him, not wearing a mask.

"You have to have a mask when you come in here," my doctor told him.

"I do," the guy said -- and pulled it out of his shirt pocket. My doctor let the delivery guy know that was not going to fly.

As for the patient who was against wearing masks, she's up for heart surgery -- a triple valve replacement. He noted that he knows the surgeon, a top-notch doctor, one he helped train. So, my doctor told her, "I'll just tell him to take his mask off halfway during your surgery."

The patient bristled, "That's not the same thing!"

He answered, "Yes, it is. He's wearing a mask to protect you from him. But if you don't think masks are important, I'll tell him and the whole team to take them off. And the gloves too. And not to wash their hands."

She was pissed.

I shared your heart patient story with my wife and her cousin, who was married to a doctor. They loved it.

The Lad (a/k/a Action Lad) turned sixteen today, so you can imagine why I'm smiling.

Also, because as I sit here I can see this:

Which he saw in a bookstore last weekend, snatched it up immediately, brought it home, showed it off to me and then set it up to stand guard over his home office.

Like any sensible person would.

Happy birthday to the young man!

Doctor Hmmm? said:

The Lad (a/k/a Action Lad) turned sixteen today, so you can imagine why I'm smiling.

Also, because as I sit here I can see this:

Which he saw in a bookstore last weekend, snatched it up immediately, brought it home, showed it off to me and then set it up to stand guard over his home office.

Like any sensible person would.

You taught him well, indeed

Happy Happy Joy Joy, Action Lad!

Happy birthday to Action Lad!

Thank you, gents. I passed along your good wishes, and he asked me to let you know they were appreciated.

Ryan (Deadpool) Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are on the verge of buying a struggling Association Football (soccer) club in North Wales.  I have zero interest in football, so why does that make me smile?  This is the team:

These deepfakes get better and better every time ... 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service