You know the drill.

Views: 10732

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got one friend who is an atheist and another who is a frustrated theologian who both launched blogs about the same time ...
I stopped in at a comic shop I patronize on an occasional basis that has an actual bargain basement. It has a wall full of shelves full of graphic novels and trade paperbacks at half price, plus dozens upon dozens of longboxes full of comics -- mostly from the '80s and after, up to today -- for a buck apiece.

On one of the boxes is this sign:

Indeed!
Saw this from the bus this morning:

Photobucket
My two-year old nephew, Robbie, got my Xorn from the X-Men action figure and pulled its hemet off, revealing Magneto underneath. I swear on a stack of Bronze Age Justice Leagues, I had no idea that it did that!
Going to my LCS in Manhatten today, I discovered that the Burger King I've been going to for years was gone! I went to a nearby McDonald's and let me tell you, it was a ritzy place! Multiple levels, carpeting, chandeliers, upholstered seats, the works. It was the first time that I ever felt underdressed for a fast food joint! To top it off, there was a terrace inside with a woman playing the piano! I guess a gig's a gig!
Chris Sims and Steven Sanders present The Greatest Christmas Comic That Never Happened.

We were watching A Classic Christmas -- The Ed Sullivan Show, a DVD collection of clips from, well, The Ed Sullivan Show -- and one of them was of Joan Rivers, singing. (Joan Rivers sings? Who knew?)

I pointed out to the bored teenager not paying attention that this was Joan Rivers "before the plastic surgery" (the clip must have been circa 1960 or so).

He looked at the screen for a moment and exclaimed, "That's Joan Rivers? OH, MY GOD! She was pretty!"

Doctor Hmmm? said:
Chris Sims and Steven Sanders present The Greatest Christmas Comic That Never Happened.

... I don't get it. What's a Manenbaum?

Nice picture though...

It's a play on "tanenbaum" (spelling?), german for Christmas tree. Combined with Man-Thing.

*Sigh* Any joke you have to explain....

Figserello said:

Doctor Hmmm? said:

... I don't get it. What's a Manenbaum?

Nice picture though...

My mind truly works in bizarre ways.

For absolutely no reason at all, it just occurred to me that "Bill and Holly Beechler" has exactly the same # of syllables and, more importantly, the same beats, as:  "If I were a rich man ..."

Guess what I'm singing to myself right now ...

"All day long they work to heal the sick, Bill and Holly Beechler -yeah!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 4 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up to kill the team on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service