You know the drill.

Views: 9998

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I'm a white guy who has an ass that looks like it feinted." - David Feherty.

It just really amused me.

My niece is much more into Disney princesses and "girl Legos" than any super-heroes. She is not without hope, though. About a year and a half ago she asked me to wear a Superman shirt because she was going to dress up as Supergirl one night. I did and we were matching. So yes, I do have hope. Thanks for the updated on the toys. Christmas isn't that far off...I may have to look into the Wonder Woman/Invisible Jet.

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:

Dude, my daughters have always played with superhero figures.  Don't sell your niece short!

Oh, you said that magic words that make me melt: "Uncle Jeff". For the longest time, those words came out of my niece's mouth as "Umple Jepp."

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Wandering Sensei said:

I love having a niece, but I really wish I had a nephew!

Dear Uncle Jeff:

Just a reminder that Action Lad's birthday is coming up soon. I'm just sayin' ...

Darin

Figserello said:

Wandering Sensei said:

My niece is much more into Disney princesses and "girl Legos" than any super-heroes. She is not without hope, though. About a year and a half ago she asked me to wear a Superman shirt because she was going to dress up as Supergirl one night. I did and we were matching. So yes, I do have hope. Thanks for the updated on the toys. Christmas isn't that far off...I may have to look into the Wonder Woman/Invisible Jet.

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:

Dude, my daughters have always played with superhero figures.  Don't sell your niece short!

Why is your Superman logo back to front Jeff? You am not Secret Bizarro?

Awesome picture, Jeff. But yeah, Figs raises a good point!

To answer you both, that shirt was given to me by a student I had long ago. We were both dyslexic. Seemed highly appropriate for an end-of-year gift. Of course, he had a matching one.

Rob Staeger said:

Awesome picture, Jeff. But yeah, Figs raises a good point!

That's awesome.

I have a similar photo or two of my college aged daughter from that age wearing a homemade supergirl costume. She loved it.
When her younger brother grew into it, he wore it to the Mid-Ohio-Con while my daughter dressed up as Mystique (sans blue make-up) from the X-men comics (ala John Byrne) and both were the hit of the costume contest, but did not win.

We still have the uniform and are awaiting for the next generation of grand-kids someday to inherit it for Halloween! I'll look for the photo to post here soon.

My wife told me when she visited our granddaughter yesterday afternoon, she was wearing a pink Supergirl costume. I haven't seen pictures yet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service