You know the drill.

Views: 9230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For my niece's birthday last week, I gave her (as a part of her abundance of gifts from her beloved Uncle Wandering Sensei) both a stuffed Ewok and a stuffed Chewbacca. It turned out the Chewie makes a growling sound when you squeeze him just right.

I got this text from my sister tonight:

"Paige is beside herself with trauma that she is having to clean the basement for her slumber party this weekend. She was frantically trying to pick up when I told her it was time for bed. She grabbed Chewbacca in just the right spot and he started moaning. I just heard her say, "Stop that! You're only making things worse!"

Reminds me of a story about another little Paige with a doll.

My best friends' daughter turned 2 in late 1996 and we sent her a Tickle Me Elmo doll.  (You might remember the Tickle Me Elmo craze that year.  The Lovely and Talented -- always ahead of the curve -- picked one up for Paige that summer, before the craze caught fire.  By the time Paige's birthday rolled around, you couldn't buy one for love nor money.) 

We traveled to visit the family that Christmas.  Paige loved her doll, which (if you remember) giggled crazily when you squeezed it.  Paige was tiny, and didn't have the strength to squeeze Elmo hard enough to make him giggle.  But she was also smart, and solved that problem.  She would hug Elmo to her chest, run across the room and leap into a belly flop.  Hilarity (real and mechanical) ensued.

I danced with Paige at her wedding this spring.  I don't know if she still has the doll.

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

For my niece's birthday last week, I gave her (as a part of her abundance of gifts from her beloved Uncle Wandering Sensei) both a stuffed Ewok and a stuffed Chewbacca. It turned out the Chewie makes a growling sound when you squeeze him just right.

I got this text from my sister tonight:

"Paige is beside herself with trauma that she is having to clean the basement for her slumber party this weekend. She was frantically trying to pick up when I told her it was time for bed. She grabbed Chewbacca in just the right spot and he started moaning. I just heard her say, "Stop that! You're only making things worse!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service