You know the drill.

Views: 9596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got one from Jim Olson

This close....

While leafing through the last Knightfall trade today (after it arrived from Instocktrades.com this afternoon), I thought, "Man, I wish they would collect Prodigal now...", not imagining that they actually would. I was so happy when I found right there in that very trade--Prodigal! Made me smile. It was like an unexpected bonus book.

One other thing that made me smile today: It was super-hero day at school for a spirit day for Homecoming this weekend. I wore my Bizarro Superman shirt. One of my students wore a Green Lantern cape ("I'm the first Green Lantern. Before Hal Jordan there was another Green Lantern, Mr. C. Did you know that?"). Then in the afternoon, he turned the cape around, and it became Green Lantern's barbecue apron.

Wandering Sensei said:

While leafing through the last Knightfall trade today (after it arrived from Instocktrades.com this afternoon), I thought, "Man, I wish they would collect Prodigal now...", not imagining that they actually would. I was so happy when I found right there in that very trade--Prodigal! Made me smile. It was like an unexpected bonus book.

One other thing that made me smile today: It was super-hero day at school for a spirit day for Homecoming this weekend. I wore my Bizarro Superman shirt. One of my students wore a Green Lantern cape ("I'm the first Green Lantern. Before Hal Jordan there was another Green Lantern, Mr. C. Did you know that?"). Then in the afternoon, he turned the cape around, and it became Green Lantern's barbecue apron.

"In hottest sun, in cold most vile,

I'll be grilling all the while!

Let those who would the calories pile,

Enjoy my brisket Lantern-style!"

The Baron said:

In dullest days
In boring night
The Baron's posts, me delight!
Enjoy his wit!
Bob's alright!

The Baron said:

The funniest thing is that after I told the kid that it looked like a BBQ apron, he said, "And he'd flip the burgers with a spatula he made from his ring. And put them on a plate he made from his ring too."

Gee, I wonder what my favorite super-villain has been up to?

In this morning's paper, the phrase "one of the nation's leading stink bug experts."

I'd like to see his qualifications myself.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

In this morning's paper, the phrase "one of the nation's leading stink bug experts."

He's a she!  (That surprised me.  When I hear "stink bug expert"  I have the same reaction as when I hear "Three Stooges fan" -- gotta be a guy.)

Travis Herrick said:

I'd like to see his qualifications myself.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Why, Skynyrd? Why?

George Poague said:

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/21/lynyrd_skynyrd_decides_its_finally_...

Lynyrd Skynyrd drops the Confederate flag from its shows. Proof the 1970s are finally over!

Today in my classroom, I was getting ready to lay out the attendance sticks as the kids came in. I was holding them and all of the kids were grabbing for them. I told them to back off. I said, "I will lay them down on the table and then you may pick them up. Now pull back your grabby hands."

One decidedly liberated and well-read female student said, "Mr. Carter, my hands are not grabby. They are purposeful."

I have no doubt that when the conservative southern backlash occurs, it will be returned to prominance.  There is no such thing as negative publicity.  This could be a calculated move to spark renewed interest in them.  Bummer.

Wandering Sensei said:

Why, Skynyrd? Why?

George Poague said:

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/21/lynyrd_skynyrd_decides_its_finally_...

Lynyrd Skynyrd drops the Confederate flag from its shows. Proof the 1970s are finally over!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service