Going back to my ongoing plea that today's comic creators spend less time on flatlining 'events' and more on creating new characters and concepts, who are the writers and artists looking to the future rather than constantly raiding the past? I don't know much beyond Marvel and DC, but from those companies I'd give credit to Gail Simone for her surprising work with the storylines on Secret Six and Wonder Woman and creation of such characters as Misfit, Junior and Jeanette; and Paul Cornell for the likes of Faiza and Captain Midlands in Captain Britain and MI13, and the new kids in Dark Reign: Young Avengers. Storywise, his Vampire State has been a terrific read.

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's irony, yes?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"It's without the seal."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"That was my guess as well (a minor quibble for an otherwise excellent package). Does the collection…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"THE SHAOLIN COWBOY: CRUEL TO BE KIN #1: It's hard to imagine a Wednesday that saw the release…"
2 hours ago
"I can’t add to your comments and the quotations from Moore, Bissette and Berger on issue #29.…"
3 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"At the moment I can't move on from X-Men #56.  I loved that comic - Adams drew the whole…"
4 hours ago
Randy Jackson liked The Baron's discussion Pro Wrestling
4 hours ago
"ISSUES #29-31 & ANNUAL #2 - "Love and Death" This issue is simply horrific. I'd…"
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Pro Wrestling
"According to this, Steamboat's saying that he was approcahed to do it, but he turned it down.…"
6 hours ago
Richard Willis posted a video
6 hours ago
"That's good to hear because I'm champing at the bit to move on to #29. (When you said…"
6 hours ago
""Heads Up" to Richard: I plan to cover "Love & Death" (#29-31…"
7 hours ago
"The only problem I had with "The Burial" was that skeletons in display cases and museums…"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service