I admit to not having read more than a few dozen issues of his series (due to one particular artist whose style I hated) but should have some idea, surely? Cos arch enemies tend to recur.

DC seem recently to have suggested Deathstroke the Tosser, but he’s more general Titans than Dick. I remember lots of Blockbuster, the smart version. Would it be him? Rapist Tarantula? Ladyshave?

Or do I  fall back on Crazy Quilt?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The shadow of the Batman which has influenced his every decision in his professional and personal lives.
  • Deep!
  • Well, Blockbuster the smart one is (was?) dead, but he could have been in the running. I would still think it is Deathstroke. Yes he is a Titans foe, but he seems to have a specific dislike of Dick.
  • Travis Herrick said:
    Well, Blockbuster the smart one is (was?) dead, but he could have been in the running. I would still think it is Deathstroke. Yes he is a Titans foe, but he seems to have a specific dislike of Dick.

"Specific dislike of..." Uh-huh-huh-huh...
  • One, keep it clean, boys!

Two, after the Post-Crisis period with One Earth, if Robin was 11-12 when he started, I can't see anyone NOT calling Batman out for it. Even if his contemporaries were fine with it, in my mind, heroes like Doctor Mid-Nite, Wildcat and especially the Sandman would have confronted him and tried to save Robin from this dangerous path!
  • Ya think? Sidekicks were hardly unknown in the Golden Age.
  • That's right. Sandman would have never allowed another hero to run around with a minor as a sidekick. Right, Sandy?
  • Yes, considering what happened to Sandy! See "JLA" # 113- The Creature in the Velvet Cage!
  • In the Dixon run, you could argue it was either Blockbuster or a crooked (literally) cop named Soames (his neck was twisted 180 degrees -- a disquieting visual to be sure). But both are dead no, I think.

Honestly, I'd go with Two-Face -- he and Dick have a fair bit of history, IIRC.
  • For a while there, Dick's biggest enemy was Dan Didio.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! it's much better now!

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

This reply was deleted.