I was just scanning in the black-and-white Howard the duck number two 1979 and I read the story where Howard is forced to wear pants. It was a bit of a swipe at Disney and it occurs to me that now that Disney owns Marvel Howards tailfeathers can shine once more.

I'd forgotten how good those black-and-white comics were. Gene Colon's are really came into its own with a larger format evil without color. In fact I'm not sure color would've helped because he did black-and-white so well.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Y'know, although the reason Howard's appearance had to change has now been made moot since Disney now owns Marvel, I very seriously doubt his look will be changed back.

Not only that, since the Howard the Duck movie is still to this day remembered as a massive bomb, I doubt Disney will do anything with Howard but ignore him.

• Howard showed up in the last Marvel Zombies mini, teaming up with Dum Dum Duggan!

Still, that's an interesting question. Maybe when the Disney/Marvel crossover happens (and it will, sooner than later. Oh yes it will.), Howard and Donald will finally meet, no holds barred!

My money's on Howard. Now if it were a younger Scrooge McDuck...

• Well he faced 'Scrounge' McDuck when he and Bev went to Duck World :) Those black and whites are fun to read. The only one I didn't like was the Dracula issue because of what happened to Harold H. Harold. But the series carried well from color to black and white.

• How come Donald Duck never wears pants, but when he gets out of the bath or shower he always has a towel around his waist?

• Decency.   Basic human decency.  LOL.

By the way, I feel certain that his occasional pop-ups has more to do with maintaining copywrite than with any great creator desire to do another duck story. Same for Brother Voodoo and a host of other one-shot wonders....

• To this day I have no idea what they were thinking when they made the movie.

• I dunno Donald is a cannibal, so I wouldn't put anything underhanded past him.

Philip Portelli said:

Howard showed up in the last Marvel Zombies mini, teaming up with Dum Dum Duggan!

Still, that's an interesting question. Maybe when the Disney/Marvel crossover happens (and it will, sooner than later. Oh yes it will.), Howard and Donald will finally meet, no holds barred!

My money's on Howard. Now if it were a younger Scrooge McDuck...

This reply was deleted.