Warner Bros has released the first image of Adrianne Palicki in her WW costume for the TV show:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/129048-first-look-at-adr...

I actually think she looks pretty good, except for two things:

1. Her boots should be red, to offset her pants, not the same color.

2. Stars.

The comments are definitely running negative, and I'm not sure how those pants will really look in action, but I understand why they don't want her in a bathing suit.

It's by David Kelley, which means it has a lot of potential for being fun or being awful. I doubt it will be somewhere in between.

I've got my fingers crossed that it will be watchable. A lot of that will depend on the supporting cast and villains. The last thing DC (or I) want is a WW that disappears quickly.

-- MSA

Views: 1010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doc, that's awesome. Time to bust out some smilies!

]]
Okay, I think it's clear that I no longer have any proficiency in Smilies. But my point is made!
Mark S. Ogilvie said:

Given that Wonder Woman appeared in a tripple X parody of the Justice League before this even went into production I'd say we were lucky to get anything all.  I've been hearing rumors of a Wonder Woman film/tv show for years now.  I was begining to think that there would be a tripple X Wonder Woman movie before even a script was produced for a regular show or movie.

If the show is good, with good scripts and good acting then it won't matter that she doesn't really have a past acting history.  I'd never heard of SMG until Buffy.  For that matter Lynda Carter was an un-known too.

Mark

Granted, Lynda Carter had only a few bit parts on TV and one movie -- Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw, a drive-in movie classic -- before she did The New Adventures of Wonder Woman, but Sarah Michelle Gellar won an Emmy on All My Children years before she landed Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

First, my kudos to "Doctor Hmmm" too for the song.

Now then, granted we have yet to see one second of the actual show, but I have a little more confidence in David E. Kelly (given his track record) than I would if someone else was announced at the helm, depending upon their record.

But the more I look at the photos, doctored and otherwise, I do agree that the proposed uniform needs tweaking, although the all black look just does not do it for me. 

Yet the more I keep looking at Adrianne Palicki's face (yes, she DOES have one! <insert winky here>) why do I start thinking more of Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) than Wonder Woman?

I can only add my own thanks to Doc Hmmm.  Most fine....
Pilot script leak...sounds lame to me, but YMMV.  Read about it here.

Bravo, Doc!

I agree with Lee. She does look a little young, like she just graduated high school. Maybe it's the makeup because I never thought of Wonder Woman wearing makeup which doesn't make sense but...

I can live with the costume and the boots but it should be less shiny, except for the gold parts and the lasso. Wouldn't it be great if they made it glow when it's in use?

The more I think of it, the bathing suit seems more practical than the skintight pants but we'll see!

why do I start thinking more of Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) than Wonder Woman?

The solid-black costume could be part of it. Mostly, I think it's because you're older than she is, and super-heroes are supposed to be older than us. I still catch myself thinking of Tom Welling as Superboy.

I also see a lot of professional hockey and baseball players this time of year who can't be more than 12.

-- MSA

I still catch myself thinking of Tom Welling as Superboy.

Heh. I used to think that about Dean Cain.
Jeff of Earth-J said:
I still catch myself thinking of Tom Welling as Superboy.

Heh. I used to think that about Dean Cain.

I still think that about Dean Cain. Also Brandon Routh.
Mr. Silver Age said:

Mostly, I think it's because you're older than she is, and super-heroes are supposed to be older than us. I still catch myself thinking of Tom Welling as Superboy.

I also see a lot of professional hockey and baseball players this time of year who can't be more than 12.

-- MSA

I think that's it, too. The two actors that in my mind's eye I could accept as Wonder Woman without hestitation -- Gina Torres and Indira Varma -- would both be considered too old for the role. Maybe not now, necessarily, but what happens if the show's a hit and runs for 10 years like Smallville?
I'm partial to Nicole Scherzinger -- I don't know if she can act outside of music videos, but she's got the right look, exotic, gorgeous, dark hair -- but she's about 30, so she, too, might be considered too old.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service