Warner Bros has released the first image of Adrianne Palicki in her WW costume for the TV show:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/129048-first-look-at-adr...

I actually think she looks pretty good, except for two things:

1. Her boots should be red, to offset her pants, not the same color.

2. Stars.

The comments are definitely running negative, and I'm not sure how those pants will really look in action, but I understand why they don't want her in a bathing suit.

It's by David Kelley, which means it has a lot of potential for being fun or being awful. I doubt it will be somewhere in between.

I've got my fingers crossed that it will be watchable. A lot of that will depend on the supporting cast and villains. The last thing DC (or I) want is a WW that disappears quickly.

-- MSA

Views: 995

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ClarkKent_DC said:
Mark S. Ogilvie said:

Given that Wonder Woman appeared in a tripple X parody of the Justice League before this even went into production I'd say we were lucky to get anything all.  I've been hearing rumors of a Wonder Woman film/tv show for years now.  I was begining to think that there would be a tripple X Wonder Woman movie before even a script was produced for a regular show or movie.

If the show is good, with good scripts and good acting then it won't matter that she doesn't really have a past acting history.  I'd never heard of SMG until Buffy.  For that matter Lynda Carter was an un-known too.

Mark

Granted, Lynda Carter had only a few bit parts on TV and one movie -- Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw, a drive-in movie classic -- before she did The New Adventures of Wonder Woman, but Sarah Michelle Gellar won an Emmy on All My Children years before she landed Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Movieline conveniently provides a slideshow of Adrianne Palicki's credits here: "A Brief History of Your New Wonder Woman, Adrianne Palicki"

Lee Houston, Junior said:

First, my kudos to "Doctor Hmmm" too for the song.

Now then, granted we have yet to see one second of the actual show, but I have a little more confidence in David E. Kelly (given his track record) than I would if someone else was announced at the helm, depending upon their record.

Actually, I have less confidence in David E. Kelly, given his track record: L.A. Law, Ally McBeal, Picket Fences, The Practice, Boston Legal, Boston Public, and now Harry's Law. All successful shows, which is a huge plus, but mostly preachy legal dramas full of quirky characters who are mouthpieces for him as he gets on his soapbox about hot-button topics.

Lee Houston, Junior said:

But the more I look at the photos, doctored and otherwise, I do agree that the proposed uniform needs tweaking, although the all black look just does not do it for me. 

Agreed.

On the other hand, I have never, ever liked the white stripe down the front of the red boots on the costume from the past 35 years or so, which the comics copied from Lynda Carter's TV outfit. On this version, the stripe is gold, which isn't so garish.
Rob Staeger said:
Okay, I think it's clear that I no longer have any proficiency in Smilies. But my point is made!

Smilies were a 3rd Edition proficiency. This is a 4E board. You'll have to take the Smiley Cut-and-Paste Code Paragon Path.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

ClarkKent_DC said:
On this version, the stripe is gold, which isn't so garish.

Didja ever think you'd be saying that something gold isn't as garish as something else?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

ClarkKent_DC said:
I'm partial to Nicole Scherzinger -- I don't know if she can act outside of music videos

Based on her guest turn on How I Met Your Mother earlier this year, I'm going to say......she can't.

Who was she on HIMYM?

Edited to add: (Never mind -- I just found out online: Robin's old best friend from her pop star days.)

I'm hoping the TV show will encourage DC to release one more Showcase Presents: Wonder Woman volume. There are 21 issues left unreprinted between the last volume and the color reprint series of the New Wonder Woman trade paperbacks. Who doesn't want a complete Silver Age Wonder Woman collection on his bookshelf?

Hoy

>Dr. Hmmmm said:
There’s no hidin’ out for you, now, honey.
Invisible planes cost the network money.
/p>

I was just talking about this to a friend of mine the other day. Invisible planes should actually be really cheap, ie they're invisible. Just a sound effect of the plane flying by.

Andy

Meanwhile, I went to the link Don posted above for the article on the pilot script and I have to agree with him that it doesn't look good. I fail to see how people still haven't learned the lesson that it doesn't work to majorly tamper with the original property. Isn't there a reason something has been around all these years? That being said, as Mr. Age pointed out, WW has been pretty all over the map, so there is not as much to hold on to as some others, but still the conception of her in the script as reported in the article seems pretty lame to me.

I used to love Boston Legal but I really don't see that as an approach to WW.

Andy
Not if they have to show her in the darn thing!

Andrew Horn said:

>Dr. Hmmmm said:
There’s no hidin’ out for you, now, honey.
Invisible planes cost the network money.
/p>

I was just talking about this to a friend of mine the other day. Invisible planes should actually be really cheap, ie they're invisible. Just a sound effect of the plane flying by.

Andy

Fans have been waiting a long time for something concrete on WW, and no doubt they ramped up their expectations for the next version each time an earlier one fell apart. Plus, it's a slow week.

I learned long ago to wait and see what happens before actually complaining about it. But I'm always surprised by just how wrong-headed most treatments or early drafts of super-hero stories get. They often don't seem to understand why a character is cool in the first place, and that gets put aside for other strange stuff. 

Granted, my taste isn't universal, but it's still surprising. I'm still astonished that they went with the idea that the new Superman, after decades, was actually Superman III and that he'd had an out-of-wedlock child with Lois. That sounds like a movie proposal by The Onion.

-- MSA

Of course you don't. Which makes me wonder who thought it was such a good idea they'd bankroll it after so many misfires.

I can understand when the execution doesn't work--George Clooney as Batman isn't an awful idea on its own--but when the one-sentence high concept makes me want to gag on a Superman movie, of all things, it's hard to imagine how they decided that was the way to go with reviving a big-name franchise.

I wasn't at all surprised it didn't work. The surprising part is that someone with money thought it would. And this is for a guy whose background and personality are pretty well set. Meaning WW could go almost anywhere. It's ceiling and floor, as they say in the sports biz, are nearly limitless.

-- MSA

"I'm still astonished that they went with the idea that the new Superman, after decades, was actually Superman III and that he'd had an out-of-wedlock child with Lois. That sounds like a movie proposal by The Onion."

When a comic book movie is well done, it can be satisfying in a way few movies are. Examples would include "Ghost World," "Batman Begins," "Iron Man," and the first two movies in the Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men series. And the Tim Burton "Batman" movies.

When a comic book movie is badly done, it can be excruciatingly awful in a way few movies are -- i.e., "Howard the Duck," "Batman and Robin," "Superman III" and "IV," "Elektra," "Catwoman," "The Spirit," and others I've mercifully forgotten.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service