Replies

• I'm looking forward to it. I'll be watching even though it conflicts with the FSU baseball game, but I'll manage.

Great picture Doc! Is that from the Brubaker Cap series?
  • Hmm - I have a lovely T-shirt with this message on the front.

"I support Scotland - and any team England are playing."

Shall I wear that tomorrow? Hmm....
  • USA! USA! USA!
  • Yep, that's Brubaker Cap just before Civil War.
  • I'm in charge of a soccer tournament in the fall. Somehow I think I should be more interested in this than I am.
  • The first podcast in the list here has a wonderful picture of Soccer's place in the hearts of men across the world. The Irish perspective at the beginning is also funny.

That's Joseph O'Conner speaking. He's a great modern Irish novelist (and happens to be the brother of Sinead O'Conner.)

His radio pieces are great, and this is a good example of them. Its about 5 enjoyable minutes long...
  • A 1-all draw with England is quite respectable. Well done!
  • I enjoyed yesterday's game, but the U.S. sure did catch a lucky break. I definitely need to go visit the British tabloid Web sites today. They're gonna have a field day with Green!
    Without any real knowledge of the current skill levels of these teams, I'm rooting for the U.S., England, Argentina and Uruguay. (Hey you gotta have diverse interests, you know!)
    Just for the fun of it, I joined Yahoo! fantasy World Cup league. If anyone wants to join in, I'll happily make a sub league that we can all compete against one another in. I've only earned 2 points thus far, so I won't be too much ahead of you!
  • Landon Donovan was on the radio, saying something like "This is the most important victory in US soccer history!" and my first thought was, "Wait, isn't this the first victory in US soccer history?"
  • Man, that was a nailbiter!
This reply was deleted.