Did anyone read the first issue of Young Justice? I loved it, but I want to read it again before posting because it moved so fast and I know I missed so much.

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really liked this one too -- though it wasn't as kinetically fun as the first issue. And I feel like somehow the art on page 8 (the confrontation between Wonder Girl and Jinny Hex) is in the wrong order... almost as if the art was flipped by accident before it was lettered. Because the panel on the upper right reads like the first panel to follow from page 7, and then the large panel on the left would be panel 2. The next three, thankfully, are vertically stacked, so there's no difference in reading order either way.

And by the way, I share your opinion of Chuck Dixon. I think some of the things he's said online are horrible, and am really saddened by his participation in alt-right comics projects... but I can't deny that he's written some fantastic superhero comics, particularly Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, and Birds of Prey. He's given me hours of entertainment, no doubt about it. 

I keep forgetting to mention that this issue contains a brief scene where--I believe it's Wonder Girl--is fighting Despero. My first thought when I saw that page was, "Wait, is Despero still wearing the U.N. flag as a cape from when he landed back on earth and crashed through it back in JLI?

old photo old.gif

I read #5 today, and I thought it was pretty good. I like the story a lot, although I wish they would just go ahead and bring back the pre-Flashpoint universe. They've been teasing it for three years now.

One nit I had with it, though, is that the art during the Robin/Spoiler scenes was not good at all. It looked like an artist who is not quite ready for professional work. The artist on the rest of the issue was fantastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service