I knew Twitter had to be good for something.
Elsewhere on this board, discussion over the ending of Justice League: Cry for Justice was largely negative. The fates of Green Arrow, Lian, Roy Harper and Star City provoked more than a few gripes. But perhaps things aren't what they seem. This afternoon (Wednesday, March 10) new head creative poo-bah at DC Comics Geoff Johns posted a series of tweets on Twitter about everyone's favorite Emerald Archer that suggest Cry for Justice may not be the final word. Take a peek, and see what you think:
* Geoff Johns: "I'm a huge Green Arrow fan, love the Mike Grell run. I know where some of the story post-this is going."
* Geoff Johns: "A secret: Originally there was talk of destroying Star City, but thankfully there are actually big plans for Star City."
* Geoff Johns: "I thought Star City just needed its own identity, building on what it had and you'll see more in Brightest Day about that."
* Geoff Johns: "J.T. Krul, Eddie Berganza, Adam Schalgman worked together for the new plan on Green Arrow."
* Psycub wrote: "After what happened to Blüdhaven and Coast City it would be a great mistake to destroy Star City." Geoff Johns: "Everyone at DC agreed!"
* BlakeMP wrote: "So is J.T. Krul staying with Green Arrow long-term, or just for the fall? (I'm hoping long-term.)" Geoff Johns: "Long term!"
* dmaduruh wrote: "Do you prefer GA being in Seattle, or Star City?" Geoff Johns: "With what happens in Brightest Day, Star City. :)"
* Ryan_the_Iowan wrote: "Krul did a great job, but I don't like the direction. I just don't enjoy what is going on with Ollie. Its hard to care anymoreand Lian/Roy = bad taste in mouth." Geoff Johns: "At the very least, check out Green Arrow in June. Trust me on that one. :) "
* Geoff Johns: "For me, I'm curious to see if people like the new direction for Green Arrow that's forthcoming."
* Mtmonks wrote: "Can you and J.T. Krul do a GL/GA crossover in the future ? Like the good old days?" Geoff Johns: "YEP!"
* Geoff Johns: "Whether you liked Cry for Justice or not, I think J.T. Krul's plans for Green Arrow coming up are worth checking out. :) "
* Anatolew wrote: "If Green Arrow is going to go around killing villains, hate it." Geoff Johns: "AGREE 100%. NOT THE FUTURE."
* Incusmalleus wrote: "Any reactions from Cheshire re: Lian's death?" Geoff Johns: "See upcoming TITANS! :)"
And with that, the mysterious strangers was off to a con in Seattle. Thoughts, anyone?