Happy New Year, Legionnaires!
There are several things happening on the board that I want to draw everyone's attention to:
1) Two valued Legionnaires, Jeff of Earth-J and The Baron, are having trouble getting on the site from certain computers. I'm no expert, so I'm not sure what to advise. Those of you with computer smarts, please go to the Is Anyone Else Having This Problem?
thread and try to help.
2) Speaking of help, the ever-estimable Commander Benson is looking for some assistance in finding a 1970s (or maybe 1980s) character. Go to his Deck Log # 95/Time to Hit the Captain Comics Emergency Signal
blog post and see if you can pitch in.
3) I'm also looking for a little help in trying to think up every major character, entity or storyline in comics that has to do with journalism. This is for my master's thesis, so I'm ridiculously grateful for every post. Go to the Calling all Legionnaires: Comics and journalism question needs you!
thread and contribute your info and insights.
4) I hope everyone is aware that I'm now posting press releases in the Comics News
group. I'm posting as "Newsboy," a second identity I set up so as to distance myself further from the PR -- I don't want any confusion that *I* am saying the things in those posts, which is the usual bombastic hyperbole. But, despite the chest-thumping, I think the releases are useful. They give us a heads up on what's coming, the Previews
solicitations show covers from months in the future, there's often "first glance" previews and sometimes videos are included. I thought about inviting everyone to join the group -- there's a function on ning for that -- but that seemed heavy-handed. So I'll just mention it again here.
5) Speaking of press releases, sometimes Marvel releases them in stages. Right now Marvel is releasing a series of covers -- I think -- for some upcoming Spider-project. I've been putting them all in the The Year of Spider-Man is 2010
thread as they come in. That means if you looked at the thread yesterday, there's new art there today. But since the thread doesn't move up when I add the new material, I don't know how Legionnaires would know to look, unless I tell them. Which is what I'm doing here.
That's all the housekeeping, so I've nothing left to add except that I hope for a safe and happy 2010 for all the Legionnaires. You're one swell group of people, and I feel privileged knowing you.