General Comics Discussions (6,028)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)

I begin with my traditional spoiler space picture of someone who has nothing to do with the topic at hand: Alan Hale Sr. & Jr. (To qu…

Started by The Baron

49 Nov 29
Reply by Fraser Sherman

A Sudden Realization of the Obvious

In the recent Joker/Daffy Duck comic (Side Note: The latest batch of DC/WB crossovers are neither especially good or especially bad), there…

Started by The Baron

114 Nov 28
Reply by Dave Elyea

Wolverine - "Weapon X"

WOLVERINE #1: Now that my “Frank Miller Daredevil” discussion is nearing the end of Miller’s first run, I find myself in the mood to read…

Started by Jeff of Earth-J

10 Nov 27
Reply by Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man

That Bendis Superman Thread (...and Event Leviathan!)

I've been doing a reread of Brian Bendis's Superman/Action run this past week -- with the publication of Action 1009, he's reached 24 full…

Started by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

62 Nov 27
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

The Punisher - An Objective Look

Last year I bought the Swamp Thing Omnibus and the Punisher Omnibus on the same day. Although I chose to read the Swamp Thing Omnibus first…

72 Nov 27
Reply by Fraser Sherman

Crisis on Infinite Earths / Flashpoint Comparison

“Post-Crisis doesn’t count.” So the saying goes. But I maintain Flashpoint was more destructive to previously-established continuity than C…

3 Nov 27
Reply by Fraser Sherman

RIP Howard Cruse

Story I first heard of him in the late 80's/early 90's. My best friend from college was gay, and I went with him to a gay bookstore in dow…

Started by The Baron

2 Nov 27
Reply by Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)

MMW Ka-Zar

The first character called "Ka-Zar" came from the pulps, but when Martin Goodman decided to publish comic books, he moved that character ov…

100 Nov 26
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. “Once More With…”

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. “Once More With…” There are some interesting threads on this forum, already, covering issues of Marvel’s early series –…

Started by Richard Mantle

1224 Nov 26
Reply by Richard Mantle

RIP Gahan Wilson

Story Another legend gone.

Started by The Baron

6 Nov 25
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service