General Comics Discussions (6,003)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why is All Star Squadron fondly remembered and Young All Stars not as much?

Back in the 1980's, one of my favorite titles was All-Star Squadron. I thought It was great up until issue 50 or so. But in 1985, along cam…

Started by John Dunbar

5 May 4, 2010
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

New blog site analyzing John Stanley's comic work

http://stanleystories.blogspot.com/   Why Tubby is the uncle to David Brent, Sarah Silverman, and Larry David...

Started by Doc Beechler (mod-MD)

0 May 3, 2010

Greatest ____ Stories Ever Told, CBR list

Brian Cronin over at Comics Should Be Good is compiling lists of the greatest stories ever for characters and writers. You can check out th…

Started by Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod)

0 May 1, 2010

Gilbert Hernandez Sighting

He was at the Midtown Comics near Times Square when I was in there on Saturday. I remember thinking, "Here I am, who's never read a single…

Started by The Baron

3 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by Randy Jackson

Veteran DC writers in the late 60's - blackballed or not?

Over at the Comics Should Be Good website, they have a regular Friday feature called "Comic Book Legends Revealed". The most recent one was…

Started by John Dunbar

5 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by Philip Portelli

Archie Comics to introduce gay character later this year

Kevin will be a new student introduced in the Veronica title according to artist Dan Parent.  Veronica really likes him, but can't understa…

Started by Doc Beechler (mod-MD)

18 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by Dagwan

Mod Prints

These were featured over on Bleeding Cool, and I thought I would share them here... An artist put up some mod prints of superheroes for sa…

Started by Alan M.

0 Apr 24, 2010

Fictional Pilots vs. Volcanic Ash

Here's the fun article of the day. Newsarama asks the questions, which fictional pilots would have the best shot at flying through the volc…

Started by Chris Fluit

0 Apr 22, 2010

Cartoon Network Announces Animated MAD and Young Justice

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/04/21/breaking-news-from-cartoon-network-warner-bros-animation-and-dc-entertainment/

Started by PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod

4 Apr 21, 2010
Reply by Dagwan

Calling all Legionnaires: What to ask Paul Levitz?

Hey, gang!I'm supposed to interview Paul Levitz about his upcoming Legion of Super-Heroes run (his third -- and the second time he's follow…

Started by Captain Comics

17 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service