Don Mankowski's Discussions (186)

Discussions Replied To (186) Replies Latest Activity

"Johnny Craig had editorial control over Vault, whereas Al Feldstein controlled the o…"

Don Mankowski replied May 3, 2019 to Collections: How close are we to the end?

160 Aug 25
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"I think that the stories in Impact! are quite good. That title demonstrates that the…"

Don Mankowski replied Apr 8, 2019 to Collections: How close are we to the end?

160 Aug 25
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"I think it's because Bill Gaines, and numerous members of his staff, underwent psych…"

Don Mankowski replied Mar 24, 2019 to Collections: How close are we to the end?

160 Aug 25
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"Despite owning nearly all of the EC books in one form or another (having bought all…"

Don Mankowski replied Mar 24, 2019 to Collections: How close are we to the end?

160 Aug 25
Reply by Jeff of Earth-J

"Damn Yankees was done on NBC, 1966 I think, when the real Yankees were terrible, so…"

Don Mankowski replied Aug 23, 2018 to "'Cause they taped it on only one day..." - NBC's The Sound of Music

176 Sep 2
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"Right. Armstrong Tile sponsored TV remakes of this one and also Carousel, Kismet and…"

Don Mankowski replied Aug 22, 2018 to "'Cause they taped it on only one day..." - NBC's The Sound of Music

176 Sep 2
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"Musicals, remakes of which I wouldn’t mind seeing … Brigadoon The play is nice fant…"

Don Mankowski replied Aug 22, 2018 to "'Cause they taped it on only one day..." - NBC's The Sound of Music

176 Sep 2
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"No, only part of it, but I did record it, and may watch it yet.(Rather strange use f…"

Don Mankowski replied Mar 17, 2017 to "'Cause they taped it on only one day..." - NBC's The Sound of Music

176 Sep 2
Reply by ClarkKent_DC

"So, just why is there a second, silent "G"?  Because Rorgg always signs his name th…"

Don Mankowski replied Oct 4, 2016 to Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All

4602 on Monday
Reply by JD DeLuzio

"Rorgg! Lee and Kirby had to give every monster a name, no matter how goofy."

Don Mankowski replied Oct 1, 2016 to Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All

4602 on Monday
Reply by JD DeLuzio

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service