Allen Wayne Smith's Discussions (46)

Discussions Replied To (45) Replies Latest Activity

"That's why Kirby was doing the layouts for other artists, so Stan could have him wri…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 18, 2012 to Captain America Questions AKA I Was Wondering #9

112 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Kirk G

"True.  It's a shame Stan Lee never progressed beyond the type of dialogue he wrote f…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 15, 2012 to DC Comics in the early '70s

117 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Tim Boo Ba

"I don't think Stan's approach was all that exciting.  Having a woman wait to be resc…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 15, 2012 to The Cat, and other STRONG Women of the '70s Marvel

58 Apr 3, 2013
Reply by Emerkeith Davyjack

"And, actually, Kirby could do it by himself.  By the early seventies, Stan had passe…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 15, 2012 to What's your favorite Stan Lee story?

63 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Dandy Forsdyke

"Not on topic to any movies discussed so far, but I saw Frankenweinie with my two son…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 14, 2012 to Movies I Have Seen Lately

5501 16 minutes ago
Reply by Richard Willis

"Well, agreed.  It's hard to say who was friends and who wasn't without asking a lot…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Oct 13, 2012 to What's your favorite Stan Lee story?

63 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Dandy Forsdyke

"In addition, John, I don't think Kirby/Lee were friends, particularly.  I think both…"

63 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Dandy Forsdyke

"I never really thought of Kirby and Lee as being the Lennon/McCartney of comics.  Le…"

63 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Dandy Forsdyke

"Henry, in addition to those great Kirby written and drawn stories, earlier stories o…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Sep 15, 2012 to NEW GODS (etc)

714 Mar 3, 2014
Reply by Henry R. Kujawa

"Never realized that about Thor.  You are likely right.  Movie makers want to make su…"

Allen Wayne Smith replied Sep 13, 2012 to NEW GODS (etc)

714 Mar 3, 2014
Reply by Henry R. Kujawa

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I will have to see That Darn Cat. Coincidentally, I was watching the film noir Down Three Dark…"
16 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If…"
34 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"At the time, it appeared that Roy Thomas was the only writer who acknowledged that Marvel had a…"
56 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"He has an interesting theory that the "Golden Age of Superheroes" coincides with World…"
57 minutes ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"This issue is a lot of running around, getting nowhere. It is building to something better…"
1 hour ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"It's been a loooooong time since I've seen That Darn Cat, but I do recall that I liked it."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"THAT DARN CAT! (1965): This is one of Tracy's picks. Surprisingly good for a Disney film."
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I'm glad I'm running a bit behind today; I wouldn't have wanted to interrupt the…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #71: This issue is told primarily from the point of view of the man destined to become the…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Baron and Doc Photo Williams are right! Not Johnson??"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'
"In my case, as with most Marvel movies, I'll be receiving a BluRay disk from Amazon early this…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Planet of the Apes
"I might buy it. As far as the adaptations go, POTA and Beneath the POTA are the best. As a general…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service