Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 132918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Joker in JLA #34 wasn't real. He was a dream-Joker conjured up by Dr. Destiny.

He was REAL to me!! LOL!

Richard Willis said:

The Joker in JLA #34 wasn't real. He was a dream-Joker conjured up by Dr. Destiny.

“The Jones Boys”: Indiana, Rick and J’onn.

Here's Jungle Jim #13, from July 1949, publisher Standard. cover art and inks was by Paul Norris, and as it seems, was most of the inside story script and art.

Published between May 1968 and April 1969, JAG was published by IPC Magazines in the UK. Here's the cover of #1.  Bobby Moore was a schoolboy idol, as he had captained the England football team to glory in the 1966 World Cup finals.

We’ve had the “Justice League of America” and the “Justice Society” of America represented, but who out there remembers “Justice Legion A” from one million months (give or take) in the future?

Jet Jaguar makes a surprise return in Godzilla: Rulers of the Earth #7! 

I think they meant GoJira.

Here's Jack Kirby's 1st cover for Journey Into Mystery. He had a couple stories in the previous issue, but this was his first cover:

One month later and it would have been June...

"THOR SMASH!"

3 said:

I think they meant GoJira.

Here's Jack Kirby's 1st cover for Journey Into Mystery. He had a couple stories in the previous issue, but this was his first cover:

One month later and it would have been June...

Danish JAMES BOND comic book featuring the adaptation of Octopussy.

This is All-Star Western 7, published by Mimosa (South Africa Magazine Co) in 1960.
It reprints the cover  and both stories from from DC Comics' All-Star Western 108 (1959):
Johnny Thunder: "The Origin of Johnny Thunder"(pages 7-16 only reprinted)
Trigger Twins: "Sheriff Trigger's Lucky Streak"
24 pages, full-colour, newsprint stock cover and interior pages.
These titles were printed in a smaller size (255 x 170mm) compared to the original DC Comics title.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service