Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 132292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also Pieface & Tegra and Jim Jordan & Sue in Green Lantern. And Doiby Dickles & Princess Ramia, but she might count as super-powered.

Jimmy Olsen married Lucy Lane in Jimmy Olsen #100, but the wedding was annulled.

Al Desmond, the former Mr Element/Dr Alchemy, married Rita in The Flash.

World's Finest Comics #248 revealed Julie Madison married the ruler of Moldacia and became Princess Portia. She was now ruling the country as his widow. In #253 she married Prince Jon of Tybern.

Doris Evans was revealed to have married and had kids in Fantastic Four #134.

Adam Strange married Alanna in Justice League of America #121.

Ed Raymond married Felicity Smoak in Firestorm.

Jane Foster was shown to have married Keith Kincaid during Walt Simonson's Thor run.

Foggy Nelson married Debbie in Daredevil.

JJJ married Marla in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #18

"The New Line-Up!"

Thanks, Fred & Luke!

I had a couple of issues of the "New Hunted Metal Men" and they weren't bad but they were hardly the Metal Men that resonated with readers. They went from robots with human traits to humans with robot powers. An interesting experiment but just a curiosity today.

My pleasure. Also

-Betty Ross and Glen Talbot

-Lena Thorul and Jeff Colby (but she was super-powered)

-Zapper Ridge and Christina (but she debuted already married to him, in She-Hulk #36)

-post-Crisis Etta Candy and Steve Trevor

-Jack Drake (Robin III's father) and Dana Winters

-Commissioner Gordon and Sarah Essen

-recently, Aunt Man and JJJ, Sr

Lex Luthor and Adora technically qualify...

Martin O'Hearn has a post here that notes Dan Adkins took Nebulos's design from a cover for Venus Plus X by John Schoenherr.

Interesting. I did not know that.

"Not All My Power Can Save ME!"

Talking of Strange Tales, have we mentioned NICK FURY yet?  Cover #1 we all know well so here's #2 with a superb cover by Steranko.

That sounds like a Nebulos claim!

Luke Blanchard said:

Martin O'Hearn has a post here that notes Dan Adkins took Nebulos's design from a cover for Venus Plus X by John Schoenherr.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service