Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 76461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well at least Batman didn't have to travel far for this one!

A couple more Gold Keys for the weekend:

I don't know whether the kid (is it Rick Jones?) is rolling a joint or playing the harmonica.  Whichever it is, he's chosen a pretty odd place to do it.

A strange sort-of epilogue to the "Death of Warlock" story, done to emphasize that Adam was really most sincerely dead and not coming back (though he eventually did) and to introduce a replacement in HER who was then forgotten for years.

Who didn't dig the Teen Titans?

"Here lies Bucky, buried alive".

"Here lies Bucky", buried dead.  At least for now.

Happy Thanksgiving !

(/ Harvest-- in Canada)

Surely this house is haunted, even if that turkey turns out to be Old Man Withers:

For those crying fowl over this post, here's a more typical offering:

I think we've seen most of our teen heroes already this month.  With the exception of Sabrina - and even she couldn't resist the lure of a haunted house.

Great cover! But I believe that's her second appearance this month. The last haunted house was a little less spooky, however.

Your comment suggests an interesting other set of stats-- appearances by major characters for each month, at least since we completed the alpha, which obviously skews things a bit.

Steve W said:

I think we've seen most of our teen heroes already this month.  With the exception of Sabrina - and even she couldn't resist the lure of a haunted house.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service