Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Views: 76598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And the Charlton series The White Angels

The Scorcher and Captain Rumble... making and blasting the scene.

Ahem.

Peter Wrexham said on November 6, 2019 at 11:39am:

[The original Teen Titans] certainly faced a lot of bad guys on motor bikes in their early days.

Now here's a type of motorbike that you don't see every day.  It appears to be rocket-powered, and run on caterpillar tracks!

"Ahem."

Whoops.

Actually, that Showcase cover is the one I was looking for (reminded by Dave's charlton covers above), but I was looking in The Brave and the Bold.

There are a lot of motorcycle covers to remember!

Golden Age "Good Girl" Miss Masque with some cheerleading by the Black Terror!

"There are a lot of motorcycle covers to remember!"

Indeed there are!  I forgive you ;-)

And, following my Planet Comics cover, here are two more examples of extraterrestrial sort-of motorbikes.

Here's a Mad-type cover...

I see your Mad-type cover, and raise you an actual Mad:

Steve W said:

Here's a Mad-type cover...

Zartan & the Dreadnoks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service