The Dick Tracy strip has brought back Moon Maid (sort of) and in the Sunday strip http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/ Tracy puts in a call to Daddy Warbucks about it. Has there ever been a crossover between these two?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The stuff in the Sunday strip about Warbucks and co. going on an expedition to find Annie is an allusion to the interrupted storyline which was running when the Annie strip was cancelled. Wikipedia has an account of this.

There was once a Mad song parody satire in which Annie was represented as a grown woman and she and Tracy were dating.

• All they need to do now is have Brenda Starr covering the story.

• ...Yeah,Dudes,Ain't there Any chacance of that little Orphan "ANNIE" having her strip come back-Maybe as a Cyber-Strip(Hip!!!!!!!!!) that ccould,then,be Reprinted as a FunnyBook(Cooly Retro!!!!!!!!!) since little Annie's  BACK ON BROADWAY" AND has a new movie with Will Smith and Jay-Z involvement Coming???

Take It Easy.              POPPA LOU

• Mark S. Ogilvie said:

All they need to do now is have Brenda Starr covering the story.

That could actually happen. Her strip was from the same syndicate.

• I like Joe Staton's art like crazy, but the writing's been feeling like fan fiction to me. All these crossovers, the injection of super-heroes into the cast, the return of the moon stuff, etc. The Penguin's brother figured into the previous storyline, and Walt from Gasoline Alley made an appearance. Too much. The one thing I did like from today's strip is that Annie was shown in her traditional look, and not the updated version that she had when her strip ended.
  • Broadway Bates was an early villain from the strip, from the 30s. I took the connection with the Penguin to be a play on their resemblance, which I've seen pointed out before. There are images of Gould's version of the character here.

• I knew about Broadway Bates, I'm just not crazy about all the winking and nodding to comic fans. On the other hand, if Tracy can team up with Mr. Magoo, I guess anything's fair game.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYaQgrXeJSQ
  • The crossovers are the part of the strip I really like.

This reply was deleted.