First: From all reports, AVX: Versus #6 (hey, I don't make the titles up) out today is THE book to pick up as it's a kind of What The?! parody of the whole event with tons of fun stuff.  This and the Doop story in Wolverine and the X-Men may be the best things to come out of the whole magilla.

The rumor: Bleeding Cool is saying the DC will soon announce a new ongoing Superman book by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee entitled Man of Steel.  It makes sense as the movie is coming next summer and Snyder and Lee are two of the big creators at DC.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• But Doop and Wolverine, which I loved, had nothing to do with AVX.  It was just a good one-off comic.

Snyder and Lee on Superman?  OK I'll say it

....Meh.

Hopefully it won't be as off-putting as Fraction's Thor would have been to anyone who enjoyed the Thor movie and wanted some more in comic form.

• I'd be much happier with Snyder and someone else's Superman. But Jim Lee will draw the eyeballs, so it makes sense to put him there.

• First: From all reports, AVX: Versus #6 (hey, I don't make the titles up) out today is THE book to pick up as it's a kind of What The?! parody of the whole event with tons of fun stuff. This and the Doop story in Wolverine and the X-Men may be the best things to come out of the whole magilla.

I bought AVX: Versus #6 today based on that recommendation. Haven't cracked it open quite yet. And I also bought Wolverine and the X-Men (the Doop one) based on everyone's recommendations over the past week.

The rumor: Bleeding Cool is saying the DC will soon announce a new ongoing Superman book by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee entitled Man of Steel. It makes sense as the movie is coming next summer and Snyder and Lee are two of the big creators at DC.

Well that's at least enough to get me to give it a try. I haven't enjoyed any of the New 52 Superman. I kind of like Action Comics for a lot of the crazy ideas, less so for the depression-era Superman, but for a Grant Morrison book to work like that, you also need a grounded Superman to be at least stable and good. I haven't heard anything to indicate that this is the case, nor that has made me want to buy an issue of it.

• I flipped through today's Action Comics at the store...and it killed me...in a good way.  I bought it.  

I count Wolverine and the X-Men as part of Avengers vs X-Men in that the title wouldn't exist without the ongoing A vs X storyline that began all the way back in House of M.

• I count Wolverine and the X-Men as part of Avengers vs X-Men in that the title wouldn't exist without the ongoing A vs X storyline that began all the way back in House of M.

Crikey, that's a long view!  But I'd imagine Wolverine running the school being a good book just took some writer sitting down and writing it well, not all those years of set-up.  By all accounts the issues were great when there wasn't much crossover with this latest phase of the Bendis-Quesada mega-story.

• I might take a look at Snyder's Superman. It might interest me, Lord knows nobody else has for years on the character.

This reply was deleted.