Or anyone else, really.

Is there a news website out there that:

* Covers National and International news. 

* Is relatively unbiased. 

* Delivers newssuccinctly, adhering yo the Five "W's" (Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How) 

The reason I ask is because I'm really getting annoyed with most of the news articles I read on the internet. It seems most "news" stories I read these days take 4-8 paragraphs before getting to the important information--I know it's so the sites can display more ads, but it's really frustrating if you only want to know the basics of the story. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's the two I like Randy.

Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/

BBC News: https://www.bbc.com/news

Neither are totally ad free, but they do take a neutral approach while getting directly to the heart of each story,

Hope they help.

• Here's a link to the Media Bias Chart from the watchdog organization Ad Fontes Media: "Media Bias Chart 7.0 January 2021 Edition"

This outfit scores the output of news and "news-like" media and ranks them on an x-axis as to whether they are left, right or center, and on a y-axis on how reliable they are -- nearer the top, the better they are about presenting straight news and quality reporting; nearer the bottom, the more they provide opinion, punditry, bad reporting, selective information, propaganda or totally made up stuff.

(Three guesses where The National Enquirer falls, and the first two don't count.)

So, at the top and at the center are The Associated Press (apnews.com), Reuters (reuters.com) and UPI (upi.com).

Hope this helps.

• Looking at the Media Bias Chart (which is updated from time to time), I notice the website versions of CNN and Fox News rate higher for reliability than their TV versions. Curious.

• Thanks gu ys. Looks like Reuters is a good choice. 

• I think the reason that BBC doesn't rise higher is that, as an arm of the UK government, it doesn't have a completely free hand.

This reply was deleted.