I thought it would be nice to have a catch-all thread for the current status of various comics characters.  As for definitions:

Alive: Said character has appeared in the last year.

Dead: Said character is (currently) dead to the best of knowledge.

Limbo: Said character hasn't been seen in some time.

Ideally, I'd like this to be a thread where someone can ask after the status of a character and someone else can answer.  I know I'm frequently curious about what's happening especially with supporting characters that have been created over the years.  In fact, I have a few now I'd like to find out about:

Trish Tilby

The Peacemaker

Jaime Reyes

Brenda and Paco (from Blue Beetle)

Blue Devil

Black Lightning

Battlestar

Views: 793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jaime Reyes? Isn't he The Blue Beetle? 

Yes, he is, but I don't think I've seen him since his series was canceled.  Of course, I haven't been reading much of Nu52, so that doesn't mean anything from me.

ClarkKent_DC said:

Jaime Reyes? Isn't he The Blue Beetle? 

Blue Devil and Black Lighting appeared in the Nu52s version of DC Comics Presents (teamed up actually). I thought it was so bad I didn't even finish that arc. It was terrible.

I am 80% sure Jaime Reyes has appeared in the Nu52. Teen Titans or JLA I want to say.

I read the Blue Devil/Black Lightning team up.  I think that was a couple of years ago.  And of course, Jaime had his own short-lived series in Nu52 but I think that title was canceled more than a year ago. So to the best of my knowledge, all three characters would therefore be in limbo unless they've appeared more recently.

Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) said:

Blue Devil and Black Lighting appeared in the Nu52s version of DC Comics Presents (teamed up actually). I thought it was so bad I didn't even finish that arc. It was terrible.

I am 80% sure Jaime Reyes has appeared in the Nu52. Teen Titans or JLA I want to say.

No answers, but here are a couple of questions. I’ve been wondering about this for a while, but haven’t been motivated enough to Google the answer. It seems to me that Nu52 wiped out the previous DCU in a way CoIE never did. John Byrne’s Man of Steel gave Superman (for example) a new origin, but it didn’t necessarily wipe out all previous Superman stories… at least not at first. DC even bent over backwards to make sure stories were still in continuity. (LSH, anyone?) Whether you think that plan succeeded or failed is a matter of preference, but I for one feel completely disassociated from the Nu52. Here are a few I wonder about.

THE SPECTRE: Who is the Spectre now? Jim Corrigan again, of Crispus Allen? And was Hal Jordan ever the Spectre?

DR. FATE: Who’s Doctor Fate in the Nu52? Kent Nelson or Hector Hall? And were Eric and Linda Strauss ever Dr. Fate?

THE NEW TEEN TITANS: With Cyborg’s origin tied in to the JLA now, did the Wolfman/Perez Titans ever “happen”?

My only experience with Blue Devil was when James Robinson had the Mist II kill him in the Starman epic. Obviously this was thrown out along with 90% of the character continuity by the Nu52.



Jeff of Earth-J said:

DR. FATE: Who’s Doctor Fate in the Nu52? Kent Nelson or Hector Hall? And were Eric and Linda Strauss ever Dr. Fate?

Jim Corrigan's once again the Spectre in th New 52, and is now based in Gotham City rather than his traditional home of NYC.  As a matter of fact, he was just given his own book last month called Gotham by Midnight, in which he heads up a special unit of the GCPD whose job is to investigate supernatural phenomenon.

 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

No answers, but here are a couple of questions. I’ve been wondering about this for a while, but haven’t been motivated enough to Google the answer. It seems to me that Nu52 wiped out the previous DCU in a way CoIE never did. John Byrne’s Man of Steel gave Superman (for example) a new origin, but it didn’t necessarily wipe out all previous Superman stories… at least not at first. DC even bent over backwards to make sure stories were still in continuity. (LSH, anyone?) Whether you think that plan succeeded or failed is a matter of preference, but I for one feel completely disassociated from the Nu52. Here are a few I wonder about.

THE SPECTRE: Who is the Spectre now? Jim Corrigan again, of Crispus Allen? And was Hal Jordan ever the Spectre?

DR. FATE: Who’s Doctor Fate in the Nu52? Kent Nelson or Hector Hall? And were Eric and Linda Strauss ever Dr. Fate?

THE NEW TEEN TITANS: With Cyborg’s origin tied in to the JLA now, did the Wolfman/Perez Titans ever “happen”?

That first Gotham By Midnight issue was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to more.

From what I can tell, the Perez/Wolfman Titans apparently never happened, at least not in any form we'd recognize. 

And what about Starman? Ted Knight or Jack Knight or any of them? Is anything of James Robinson's series still in continuity?

Of course it's before the Nu52, but Robinson had Jack retire and turn over his cosmic rod (?) to Stargirl. OTOH, he killed Blue Devil, who got better later in other stories before the Nu52. As for Ted Knight, I think he's been killed so many times he may actually be Uncle Ben-dead.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

And what about Starman? Ted Knight or Jack Knight or any of them? Is anything of James Robinson's series still in continuity?

What about Manhunter (Paul Kirk)?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 0 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up for the Final Issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE out on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service