I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not online , as it is a King Features Syndicate strip , who - Gasp !!! - appear to think they're in the comics business to make money , and keep their strips behind a wall . )

The joke was " variations on ' I Love New York ' "...but was the panhandler's shirt supposed to be saying " I Owe New York " ?"  I Have Zero , New York " ?

The yokel , in Middle Ages garb...Was his shirt suppost'a mean " I Love York " , as in the English county that New York was indeed named after ??? ( And Prince Charles is now considered the Duke of , if I recall correctly . )

Views: 7575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, it's working now. Weird.

The Baron said:

Guess who's returned to visit Snuffy Smith after a long absence?

Wow! I didn't even know he was still around!

GOO GOO GOOGLY :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClarkKent_DC said:

The Baron said:

Guess who's returned to visit Snuffy Smith after a long absence?

Wow! I didn't even know he was still around!

...I guess the last THE ELDERBERRIES appears to-day .

It's fairly rare for a (moderately successful- ran eight years , at least one book??) strip to have a sitcom-like " conclusion " , I guess , but this one did . The newspaper in this area that ran it all along ( A local cartoonist of theirs was , originally , the co-creator . ) had a story regarding its conclusion t'other , if anyone wants to know about it , I'll put up a link...........

Awww:-(. Bummer. I liked Phil frank especially who did it first. He lived on a houseboat in Salsalito(well-initially)!

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...I guess the last THE ELDERBERRIES appears to-day .

It's fairly rare for a (moderately successful- ran eight years , at least one book??) strip to have a sitcom-like " conclusion " , I guess , but this one did . The newspaper in this area that ran it all along ( A local cartoonist of theirs was , originally , the co-creator . ) had a story regarding its conclusion t'other , if anyone wants to know about it , I'll put up a link...........

...To-day's BLONDIE had a joke revolving around it being the first day of spring .

MSA once commented about being annoyed that topical references in CLASSIC PEANUTS don't match the day they're printed on , and , thinking of that , that got me thinking that Blondie was in reprints.........I thought that the 21st of the month was always the fdirst day of the season , and the solstice day as well , with the day and night either equal in length or night-longest of year or day-longest of year , depending .

It's not always the 21st of the season's first day ?

Follow the Captain's home paper Spidey link to find blondie , it's a behind-a-pay-wall King Features Syndicate strip .

...Thank you !

PowerBook Pete (aka Tim Cousar) said:

I was somewhat shocked this morning to discover that Gary Gianni has been replaced by Tom Yeates as artist on Prince Valiant. Gianni's tenure didn't come close to that of Hal Foster or John Cullen Murphy. I had my doubts a modern artist had the kind of stick-to-it-ive-ness when Schultz and Gianni first took over, but at least Schultz remains as writer. And Yeates is a fine artist, well-suited to the task.

The strip Between Friends has a sequence this week touching on "OUR" type of comic!:-) Maybe those Strip dudes and we can get along?:-)!!

I assume it's on the good ol' Commercial Appeal.

Yes, it is. The sequence begins here, but it doesn't look to me like this author is in the mood to get along with the comic book world.

Well, "Can't We All Just Get Along",historically,has had limited results.

Plus,she doesn't know that there HAS BEEN a Superwoman and is a Batwoman now! An "unreliable narrator"?!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 4 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up to kill the team on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service