http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/arts/television/the-killing-on-amc-starring-mireille-enos-review.html

You can read more about the new show that is starting tomorrow night at the above link. It's the American version of a very, very popular Danish mystery program which has become quite a sensation in the UK.

Holly and I plan to watch and we'll talk about it here. For a comics link...a former Rocketeer (Billy Campbell) will be a featured player. ;)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm going to watch it. Will you comment here, Doc?
  • I'm planning to watch it, too. Might be a little behind when we see it, but we're in, at least for the first ep!
  • Yes, I'll comment here.  As I mentioned in another thread...I like repressed characters and this seems like a bonanza of repression.  :)
  • You're not kidding. It's a pretty good series. Very well made. I'll be sticking around to see the outcome.

Doc Beechler said:
    Yes, I'll comment here.  As I mentioned in another thread...I like repressed characters and this seems like a bonanza of repression.  :)
  • As a parent, the scenes with Rosie's mother and father were almost too much to watch.  When they find her body and her mother is listening to the father's cries over the phone...brutal.  The older brother in the family...I think he'll become a police detective and we just watched his origin.

I appreciated that Billy Campbell's councilman character isn't overtly slimy...I adds to the mystery about his involvement, if any, in the crime.

• He doesn't apear slimy but his two campaign managers are about as slimy as you can get, though.
  • Jason Marconnet said:
    He doesn't apear slimy but his two campaign managers are about as slimy as you can get, though.

Without a doubt, yes.

I really liked it. I think Linden is going to be a cop to watch -- a real silent, thoughtful type as a counterpoint to the brutal cunning of Vic Mackey and the calm bravado of Raylan Givens.

I'm starting to like her replacement, too -- he seems like a real creep at first, and very out of place -- but that scene with the soccer girls just shows he's working with a very different skill set. That was a great moment there. 

• I think the male seems too slimy and obvious...the woman...hmmmm, she's concerning.
  • The male is an obvious slime ball. The woman was not overtly slimely but she's one to watch. Is it too early to make predictions? I have one but I'll keep it to myself for now.
  • Make a prediction...it'll look great if you're right.
This reply was deleted.