Word is that Mr. Silver age will be hosting a Trivia panel at C2E2 this weekend and because of the movie this summer, some of the questions will feature my favorite Marvel super-hero, Ant-Man. By coincidence, I just finished reading DC's Atom archives. Here are some similar covers featuring the two characters.

Some of these are a stretch, but close enough. And good luck at the trivia panel, Craig!

--your pal, Hoy

Views: 4871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the movie I think the point was made that he could fluctuate his weight independently from his height.

They say that when he's small, he has "super-human strength," whatever that means. In the famous movie trailer, he's shown running up the top of a gun and slugging the guy in the chin, who drops to the floor. That takes both lack of mass and a lot of mass. So he could alter it as needed, no matter what they say.

-- MSA

That's how I read it, too.

Incidentally, I was waiting for someone to post what I posted in the Avengers re-read thread, that one of the early Avengers showed Ant-Man on ants and Wasp flying in New York en route to a distant location, and either the dialogue or captions established that they were just flying to the airport, where they'd get to their destination through conventional means, then find some local flying ants.

At a guess, I'd say some reader pointed out the limitations of flying ants early on, and Stan started correcting where he could, in the words. But however it happened, Stan established that Ant-Man doesn't fly cross-country on flying ants.

That's great.

Up and at 'em!

-- MSA

That is good.

Say, who's up for an Atom Ant/Fearless Fly team-up? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service