Views: 58150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Jeff,

Best of luck.  

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Richard Willis said:

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Seriously. My wife and a friend both had this done for the first eye.



Actually, I'm so used to my right eye being fuzzy it's not really an issue. Tomorrow is my second surgery, and soon I won't need glasses to drive at all. Everything checked at my appointment today, BTW.

Last week surgery on my right eye (nearsighted) took me offline for a couple of days.

This week, with my right eye healing nicely, surgery on my left eye won't take me off quite as long. 

A gasoline pump in a 1948 movie. Not only is the customer paying $0.255 for a (U.S.) gallon, but the pump is selling 4.9 gallons for the price of 4 gallons. I don't think it's really pumping gas and they didn't catch the mistake.

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Oh, good, I didn't get one and I was thinking that they'd decided that I wasn't worth alerting.

Richard Willis said:

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Terry Moore - The SiP-verse
"Lot's wife?  Was she turned in to a pillar of salt?"
2 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Had a very long day and am just now getting here. Below is Neal Adams' only contribution to…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Jeff of Earth-J said: I wish I'd've thought of this years ago rather than waiting for…"
3 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Conan license yanked from Marvel Comics
"I haven’t read many Trav, but what I read I liked. I recently bought the omnibus, which is in…"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUES #38-39: If I am going to willingly suspend my sense of disbelief, this is how vampires must…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tarzan Comic Books & Comic Strips
"TARZAN: THE NEW ADVENTURES: Haven't read this yet (just bought it today), but, man, am I…"
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2: About three years ago, while reading the 100-Page Crisis on Infinite Earths…"
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"All of their parents should be slapped. "
7 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I had a telephone hearing for my Social Security Disability Benefits today and the lawyer is almost…"
8 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I knew one named Crystal Cleer."
8 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"People make a lot of John Constantine's resemblance to Sting, but nobody notes that in his…"
9 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Bork from The Power Company had a Neal Adams pedigree! "
9 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service