Views: 58605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Jeff,

Best of luck.  

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Richard Willis said:

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Seriously. My wife and a friend both had this done for the first eye.

Actually, I'm so used to my right eye being fuzzy it's not really an issue. Tomorrow is my second surgery, and soon I won't need glasses to drive at all. Everything checked at my appointment today, BTW.

Last week surgery on my right eye (nearsighted) took me offline for a couple of days.

This week, with my right eye healing nicely, surgery on my left eye won't take me off quite as long. 

A gasoline pump in a 1948 movie. Not only is the customer paying $0.255 for a (U.S.) gallon, but the pump is selling 4.9 gallons for the price of 4 gallons. I don't think it's really pumping gas and they didn't catch the mistake.

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Oh, good, I didn't get one and I was thinking that they'd decided that I wasn't worth alerting.

Richard Willis said:

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Except for the pinkish Iron Man and Thor's pink highlights, the Avengers cover doesn't…"
30 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"From Tom…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"There was one more Zatara appearance on an Action Comics cover, a full cast shot! "
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Philip Portelli said: Zatara and Zatanna!  Surprisingly none of the "Zatanna's…"
2 hours ago
"Steve W, et al: A March 1971 cover date is correct but if Charlton adhered to the general practice…"
2 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Mmmm - first alternate cover? You could be right - I'm guessing your covers come from 1971. I…"
2 hours ago
"I was originally going to ask this yesterday, but does anyone know what the first comic book with…"
2 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a video

VERSUS | Radiant Black vs. Blaze

From the pages of Radiant Black #15 comes: VERSUS. Can today’s modern day hero Radiant Black hold his own against, Blaze, one of the greatest heroes of C.O.W...
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Zatara and Zatanna!  Surprisingly none of the "Zatanna's Search" issues had the…"
3 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

'Batman & Superman: Battle of the Super-Sons' animated movie comes to Blu-ray/Digital on Oct. 18

BATMAN AND SUPERMAN:BATTLE OF THE SUPER SONS WARNER BROS. ANIMATION’S FIRST-EVER ALL-CG FEATURE…See More
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
""Which version of Annie?""
5 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Unfortunately, it’s the only cover with both father and son."
5 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service