Views: 58126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was reading the WGBS Superman stories, no one seemed to fall or be pushed out of a window while he was on the air. How convenient!

So they knew in 1978 that movies didn't make people want to read comics, yet they are still relearning this in 2021.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I think I've figured out why I'm never going to get that Bronze Age Superman omnibus I've been wanting.

NYCC ’21: At long last, Vaughan & Staples’s SAGA has a return date

https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-21-saga-return-brian-k-vaughan-fion...

Hooray! It's been so long I almost forgot it was coming back.

Holy obscure references!

Batman Trivia Quiz!

I think I got about 24 right.

I dispute several of the answers. For example...

"In the original comic, what movie were the Wayne's [sic] seeing the might they are murdered?"

According to "The Legend of the Batman--Who He is and How He Came to Be" (Batman #1, Spring 1940), the movie was not identified. also...

"According the the comics, who killed Bruce Wayne's parents?"

That depends on which comics. According to "The Origin of Batman" (Batman #47, 1948), the answer is Joe Chill, but that fact has been reset more than once. 

Joe Chill was the first killer named, however.

You should consider sending feedback. I've taken issue once or twice in the past with questions.

"Joe Chill was the first killer named, however."

By the same token, Alfred's first surname was "Beagle," not "Pennyworth." 

I got 25. I whiffed on #10 in the first round "What 1987 comic tells of the early days of Batman?" by answering The Untold Legend of The Batman, which was in 1980. The other four I missed were about comics I haven't read because they came out after I reached the "I Can't Stand It Any More!" point with all things Batman.

And Archie's Moose Mason was originally "Moose McGee." Maybe that's in Earth-2's Riverdale continuity?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Joe Chill was the first killer named, however."

By the same token, Alfred's first surname was "Beagle," not "Pennyworth." 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Gothic + kids, applied to the Challengers:"
37 minutes ago
Fraser Sherman replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"I meant that it's never really shown that anyone outside the FF thought of him that way."
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Two really cool Tomahawk covers"
4 hours ago
Doctor Hmmm? replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I started watching this last night. It took me back to being ... I dunno, 13 or 14 and being at a…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion How Old Would Comics Characters Be If They Aged Normally? (And What Would They Be Doing Now?)
""I don't if it's ever been addressed how many times Ragnarok has happened, or how…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"I agree with Rob."
9 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"In the long run, even the "Big 2" couldn't contain Neal Adams... (Image courtesy of…"
10 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"I just re-read FF #11, and in the story where the team answers fan mail, the characters' war…"
10 hours ago
Randy Jackson posted a discussion

Misheard lyrics you prefer to the originak

It's likely everyone has listened to a song they liked and misheard the lyrics. That's not…See More
11 hours ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion Conan license yanked from Marvel Comics
"I my opinion, I actually liked Dark Horse's Conan comics more than Marvel's."
11 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"Also: Big news for June! The Milestone books and Captain Carrot are continuing on their schedules…"
11 hours ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 23-29, 2022
"I freakin' love Westerns. I'm certain I'm an outlier, but I prefer a good Western…"
11 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service