Views: 59051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does that mean Jor-El is saying: "Gentlemen... You just hit the jackpot!"? 

I hadn't thought of that, but it should, shouldn't it?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Does that mean Jor-El is saying: "Gentlemen... You just hit the jackpot!"? 

Awesome.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Princess Bride trivia: test your knowledge!

Inconceivable!

After five years (my, how time does fly) and 699 stories, my tenure at CBR has come to an end. I have begun a new position as a Development Writer with Howard University.

I now work in the university's Division of Development and Alumni Services, writing marketing materials, announcements, press releases, emails, website and social media copy and other stuff that tells the Howard story and encourages alumni and donors to open their wallets and give, give, give! 

Actually, the reason the position was created is that lots of people are already doing just that; enrollment and donations over the past three or four years have gone through the roof. It's partly in reaction to these parlous times. The ongoing harm from police brutality and threats to civil liberties and voting rights, as well as a deadly pandemic going into another year has inspired people to do something about it; enrollment at Howard's law school and medical school are up 60 percent, and the university jumped 24 places in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of national universities.

It helps that one of Howard's graduates is the second-highest-ranking public official in the federal government, and the ex-wife of the world's richest man has been giving her fortune away, and another pair of alums chose to pay it forward with a $5 million bequest, and a billionaire business mogul from New York and candidate for president of the United States gave $32.8 million to the College of Medicine, and people just want to give, give, give!

Congratulations, Kelvin! Tracy and I wish you well in your new position.

Congratulations!  I hope it's very fulfilling for you!

ClarkKent_DC said:

After five years (my, how time does fly) and 699 stories, my tenure at CBR has come to an end. I have begun a new position as a Development Writer with Howard University.

I now work in the university's Division of Development and Alumni Services, writing marketing materials, announcements, press releases, emails, website and social media copy and other stuff that tells the Howard story and encourages alumni and donors to open their wallets and give, give, give! 

Actually, the reason the position was created is that lots of people are already doing just that; enrollment and donations over the past three or four years have gone through the roof. It's partly in reaction to these parlous times. The ongoing harm from police brutality and threats to civil liberties and voting rights, as well as a deadly pandemic going into another year has inspired people to do something about it; enrollment at Howard's law school and medical school are up 60 percent, and the university jumped 24 places in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of national universities.

It helps that one of Howard's graduates is the second-highest-ranking public official in the federal government, and the ex-wife of the world's richest man has been giving her fortune away, and another pair of alums chose to pay it forward with a $5 million bequest, and a billionaire business mogul from New York and candidate for president of the United States gave $32.8 million to the College of Medicine, and people just want to give, give, give!

Congratulations!

You can tell I'm an aging comics nerd, 'cause I heard about an actor named Charlie Vickers, and I was like "Charley Vicker?"

That sounds like an amazing position, Kelvin -- and one you'll be perfect for! Congratulations! 

ClarkKent_DC said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Curtis was a horror movie host on a Jackson TN TV station in 1974."
29 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another staple of any carnival or fair is the food yet, even back when I could of eaten all that…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Mike Curtis is still the writer. Joe Staton left the strip in October 2021. Shelley…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Tubular, man!"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Ah, OK.  Inever thought of themas heroes, because they were always fighting the X-Men."
5 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The name of the comic may be Carousel, but the ride looks more like a roller coaster to me!"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"The Imperial Guard are the Shi'ar Legion of Super-Heroes clones from X-Men #107 and, more…"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Don't forget the sideshows! Like you'll be able to forget this one! "
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"PARKER GIRLS #1: My Pick of the Week. Discussed here.  X-MEN LEGENDS (v2) #1: Analysis…"
7 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And the first one posted this month!"
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Terry Moore - The SiP-verse
"PARKER GIRLS: ISSUE #1: An obviously  distraught man named Mark walks along a beach on the…"
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J posted a discussion

X-Men Legends

According to a note on the first page of (v2) #1, "These events occur between Incredible Hulk #181…See More
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service