Views: 59011

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Commander!

All the best wishes to Mrs. Benson! I know how frustrating it can be!

It's been irritating, but we've always been pretty confident that her disability will eventually be approved.  The thing that has struck me, though, is the leaden speed of the process, going into eighteen-to-twenty-four months.  For us, it's no financial problem; our income is healthy, otherwise.  But think of the poor souls who are no longer physically able to work, and that disability payment will be their only income, and they have to wait almost two years to get it.

People need to be more aware of the Social Security procedures for both disability and retirement.  It would prevent quite a few big surprises.

I understand. I've been a burden to my family these last two years, stretching out my stimulus checks for as long as I could. I'm luckier than most as I have a private home and access to funds but it does make me feel useless!

The GMB experienced those same feelings of uselessness.  So, she threw herself into running the house and tackling projects that were on our when-we-get-around-to-it list.  It's working out very well, too.  I feel like Jim Anderson when I get home from work.  Dinner's in the oven, something to drink waiting for me, the house spotless, and I get an update on whatever renovation project is undergoing.  And I'm luckier than Jim---I don't have any of those pesky kids around!

I've done something similar like reorganizing my collections. To no one's surprise here, acuminating comics can get out of hand fairly quickly and very easily!

Ah, Marcus Welby and Spock's mom.

Commander Benson said:

The GMB experienced those same feelings of uselessness.  So, she threw herself into running the house and tackling projects that were on our when-we-get-around-to-it list.  It's working out very well, too.  I feel like Jim Anderson when I get home from work.  Dinner's in the oven, something to drink waiting for me, the house spotless, and I get an update on whatever renovation project is undergoing.  And I'm luckier than Jim---I don't have any of those pesky kids around!

Best television wife ever!

Hasbro is producing a Kamala Khan/ Ms Marvel action figure that looks like the character in the comic books. Based upon what I've seen and read so far, for the Disney+ show they are changing her powers and her costume.

That must be a new one, 'cause I've had a Kamala Khan figure for a while now.

Richard Willis said:

Hasbro is producing a Kamala Khan/ Ms Marvel action figure that looks like the character in the comic books. Based upon what I've seen and read so far, for the Disney+ show they are changing her powers and her costume.

Interesting. It looks cool.

Richard Willis said:

Just saw the first episode and the fan's guide special. The Captain Marvel outfit was for cosplay. They are using her actual costume in future episodes. Bug hands are different but they are there.

Richard Willis said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Shaolin Cowboy
""Who'll Stop the Reign?": "Shemp Buffet" was nearly wordless but…"
40 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Jeff of Earth-J said: "First & Last" is evergreen. I'm fine with putting that…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
""First & Last" is evergreen. I'm fine with putting that off until October if you…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Shaolin Cowboy
"DARK HORSE #1-4 - "Shemp Buffet": As I mentioned above, v54 #7 ended on a cliffhanger in…"
2 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Oh yes, of course. "First & Last". Forgot that. Could we run with Joe Kubert in…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Kubert would be fine with me, but what about "First & Last"? I thought that was gonna…"
2 hours ago
"Have we come up with a subject yet for September? I remember someone suggested a while ago, that we…"
3 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"We watched the first season of <i>Undone</i>, the rotoscoped psychological…"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion Comical Comic Cuts
4 hours ago
"In my humble opinion, an amusement park is another phrase for a funfair."
4 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Giant Little Ones (2018): indie coming-of-age movie with some strong performances (and Kyle…"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Spidey seems to spend a lot of time at carnivals"
4 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service