Views: 59745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where I live, two days from now they are predicting 96°F (43°C) and 40% chance of rain with scattered thundershowers. This is in the middle of an extended drought. Also, lightning may start more fires. Oh well!

I get it! Krypto currency!

You are correct, sir!

Captain Comics said:

I get it! Krypto currency!

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local Dollar (and a Quarter) Tree carries canned Chili Without Beans, which is actually quite good, all things considered.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local comic book convention, Forest City Comicon, returned. I had a great time, ran a panel, sold/signed some books, and picked up some inexpensive finds.

I also made a video. I assumed, as in the past, copyright would just get me flagged and a warning that the video could not be monetized, which is of no concern to me. However, this one is blocked in the U.S. due to a snippet of Blondie singing "The Tide is High"! If you're living elsewhere or know a way around the block, you can watch it:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If you message me with your email, I could send you access to the copy in my gmail drive. I don't know if it's the same quality, however.

Richard Willis said:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

My wife and just assembled 2 short bookshelves and a chair. I am feeling very stabby.

From Den of Geek:

Blade Runner Became a Sci-fi Classic by Being a Terrible Philip K. Dick Adaptation

Story

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
""What's true but hard to admit is our morbid fascination with geologic catastrophes as…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"Usually I watch the "News Mix" channel, which is CNN, FOX, MSNBC, BBC and two weather…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion "Pick of the Week" - What's Yours?
"I bought 11 new comics today. I haven't read any of them yet, but I've no doubt my…"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"TVLine presents a comprehensive list of dozens upon dozens of new and returning…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The Ninth Doctor Adventures
"4.2 - WAY OF THE BURRYMAN: "Young Sam Bishop is at a crossroads with girlfriend Fiona:…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"I have a memory of one character (probably an X-Man) grabbing another (possibly by surprise) and…"
2 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another early Joe Kubert cover from Flash Comics (dated June 1948).  I just love how…"
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A 1977 reprint of Von Hammer's earliest stories! "
5 hours ago
Randy Jackson liked Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion She-Hulk
"I did not remember there being a four-year gap between the John Byrne's She-Hulk graphic novel…"
7 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"I would expect the Bronze Age Hawkman and Atom did so fairly often."
7 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"I remember the revival of Pogo. Initially, it wasn't run by Walt Kelly's heirs, but by…"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service