Views: 49053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd hardly call To Russia with Love a weak comedy. Now, some of the later Roger Moore Bonds....

Luke Blanchard said:

From Russia With Love has a scene where Bond and Kerim Bey assassinate the assassin Krilencu. (Pedro Armendáriz did a terrific job playing Bey.) Bey has the police ring his doorbell, and Krilencu attempts to escape through a hatch in a Call Me Bwana poster with a giant image of Anita Ekberg. Apparently Call Me Bwana was another Eon production. Which goes to show the same producers might make good thrillers and weak comedies.

Today David Hasslehoff announced he had legally changed his name to David Hoff, joking he'd decided to get rid of the hassle from his life. A few hours later he admitted it was a publicity gimmick for a series of commercials in Australia advertising a phone company that tells people to get the hassle out of their lives by going with them. So far he hasn't said if he's going to change his name back yet.

It seems like a lot of hassle for a publicity stunt.

Ron M. said:

Today David Hasslehoff announced he had legally changed his name to David Hoff, joking he'd decided to get rid of the hassle from his life. A few hours later he admitted it was a publicity gimmick for a series of commercials in Australia advertising a phone company that tells people to get the hassle out of their lives by going with them. So far he hasn't said if he's going to change his name back yet.

He may be getting desperate for work and recognition. I'm sure he's been keeping track of how much fame (and money) Samuel L. Jackson has been making as Nick Fury, and probably feels he's been ripped off. He's offered to take over the part if Jackson ever quits. I remember back in the 80s that David Prowse complained George Lucas was having someone else appear on various TV shows as Darth Vader and refused to use him.

My understanding was that he didn't really change his name.

I liked his portrayal of Nick Fury in the TV movie. He's well liked by a lot of people and I don't think he takes himself too seriously.

If the series had gotten picked up he probably would have gotten the movie deal since people would have been used to him as Nick Fury. The film was so obscure I doubt very many people knew about it. There was a trailer that gave away the entire movie, including the ending where we find out Madame Hydra succeeded in bringing her father, Baron Strucker, back to life.

He recently did a commercial where he said his acting is limited to just a few expressions like happy, sexy, and "I'm hungry and I want to go to lunch."

At Martin O'Hearn's blog: the secret origin of a story from Plop!

"Astounding stories of the Outer Space Robot people of television's Doctor Who!"

Dinosaurs, Cities of Teh Future, and flying Daleks decades before we saw them in the series (admittedly, they're using some kind of Dick Tracy vehicle). What's not to like?

Luke Blanchard said:

Comic Book Cover/Splash Page Clones This is the latest in many instalments.

$$$Saveeeee that cover fee :-) !!!!!!!!!!!

I know nothing about Rex the Wonder Dog , from late GA GL (EXCEPT that Steak the Wonder Dog was a " just-alike " , clone , of Rex so you needn't tell me that .) . Anyone know , please ?????????

Luke Blanchard said:

Comic Book Cover/Splash Page Clones This is the latest in many instalments.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service