Views: 58603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've made this image small as it, and my comments below, are a spoiler for the "Airboy" story from Air Fighters Comics v1 #12, which can be read in two versions at Comic Book Plus. Click to enlarge.

This is Airboy's supernatural foe Misery under his cowl. The GCD credits the art to Fred Kida. Misery made return appearances in Airboy Comics v.2 #12 and v.4 #2. I used to think Marvel's Blazing Skull was the model for Ghost Rider's burning head, but these days I doubt his skull-mask blazed. In The Avengers #97 the effect on the cover and inside might indicate blazing or shining, and in the one story I've seen there isn't any blazing or shining effect. (The splash panel of his debut story, which is easy to find online, might show shining.) On the other hand, the Blazing Skull's costume resembles a jumpsuit, while Misery wore a cowled habit. (His costume is different on the cover, although the GCD tentatively also attributes it to Fred Kida.)

(corrected)

Eric Estrada has joined the police force for real.

Much as I like to support my sister, who is gay, I find that Toronto Pride has gotten a little too crowded and crazy. I went this year, in the wake of Orlando and, ill-conceived protests notwithstanding, had a good time. My "Part One" video of Toronto Pride features (1) a sizable number of nerds marching in costume together (near the end) and (2) the Canadian PM walking down the street and picking up a flower (I think) someone threw at him from a window and responding jovially. At an event that was under threat from a Daesch affiliated board. I think that would have played differently in many countries (he typed smugly):

Note: I have a "Part Two" vid, but it's unlisted and age-restricted, due to a few seconds of NSFW content.

Whatever the problem with Happy Days was, they seemed to have fixed it by season three, since suddenly Fats Domino can be heard singing while Richie and Potsie talk. If the problem was just the first two seasons then they should go back once they've finished and try fixing them. I doubt too many people are going to want to buy those post-Ron Howard seasons.

They also stopped Laverne and Shirley just before they left the brewery for Hollywood. A good idea, since the show falls apart after that. How many people continued to watch it after they fired Cindy Williams?

I had a chance to rewatch a good deal of the series (up until Ron Howard left) one summer in the late 1980s when it was running locally during the dinner slot and I was living alone. You know, it was never really very good after those first two seasons, even though I liked the 3-5 seasons  when I was kid. Seasons one-two, when Richie had an older brother and the show had some semblance of realism, held up pretty well.It really peters out after that, and is really unwatchable, IMO, starting with the sixth season.

Ronald Morgan said:

Whatever the problem with Happy Days was, they seemed to have fixed it by season three, since suddenly Fats Domino can be heard singing while Richie and Potsie talk. If the problem was just the first two seasons then they should go back once they've finished and try fixing them. I doubt too many people are going to want to buy those post-Ron Howard seasons.

They also stopped Laverne and Shirley just before they left the brewery for Hollywood. A good idea, since the show falls apart after that. How many people continued to watch it after they fired Cindy Williams?

Luke Blanchard said:Walt McDougall and McDougall's Good Stories for Children

Those are amazing! That one with the bear-insects (and the unfortunate racist caricatures) suggests the artist had been looking at Grandville's Un Autre Monde.

Also, they might be able to get rid of that menacing "gastritis" by cutting back on acidic drinks and making sure they have enough B-vitamins.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"ANNIE: Another one we chose while flipping through the guide. When I was in high school we played a…"
12 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Father and son robot fighters:"
23 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Next, Dennis's cousin (their Mums are sisters) Minnie the Minx with her parents.  On the…"
42 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago
The Baron posted a discussion

The World War Two Su[er-Hero I Would Tell If I Could Use Any Characters I wanted

If I could "recruit" whatever characters from whichever comics company I wished and tell any kind…See More
8 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I've got George Carlin's Class Clown on vinyl. I used to play it incessantly. He actually…"
12 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Yeah, but ... here on Earth-Prime, when they gave us the Smallville TV series, Ma and Pa Kent were…"
13 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion A Capitol Fourth -- Happy Independence Day!
"We ventured out yesterday for this year's rendition of A Capitol Fourth. This was the first…"
13 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Thanks for the link! I forgot to mention that #78 was guest-written by Bissette (and…"
13 hours ago
Richard Willis posted a video

Paper Girls - Teaser Trailer | Prime Video

It's the day after Halloween in 1988 when four young friends accidentally stumble into an intense time war and find themselves inexplicably transported to th...
14 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"A new interview with Stephen Bissette about his career and new work: INTERVIEW: Stephen Bissette…"
14 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Enuf Supes - here's Archie."
14 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service