Views: 47179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!

Philip Portelli said:

Have a Happy Birthday in all your timelines!

Whose had cataract surgery? I’ve had my right eye done, and the lrft one will be in August. The difference is amazing. I love to go out and look at the sky. It’s so blue! If i look through my”old” eye it’s sorta grayish. I had no idea that I’d been looking at the world through a sepia filter.

PS sorry for typos and whatnot. Sure, color is great but i cant see well enough to read or drive yet. But BLUE!

I'm a little late, but have a very, VERY happy birthday, my friend!

Also a bit late, but Happy Birthday!

My wife had both eyes done a month apart in 2015. In her case, the colors weren't a problem but after having it done she could just see a tree, she could see the individual leaves. I have slowly growing cataracts, not "ripe" yet. In the last few years the operation has become easier and easier. The toughest part is waiting for the second eye to be done.

Captain Comics said:

Whose had cataract surgery? I’ve had my right eye done, and the lrft one will be in August. The difference is amazing. I love to go out and look at the sky. It’s so blue! If i look through my”old” eye it’s sorta grayish. I had no idea that I’d been looking at the world through a sepia filter.

PS sorry for typos and whatnot. Sure, color is great but i cant see well enough to read or drive yet. But BLUE!

I've had it in both eyes. I agree about colors, although it wasn't as dramatic for me. The big thing was all the fuzziness and halos around lights at night that I had just gotten used to. My left eye (the first one that was done) got so bad that I had watering and pressure off and on all day. I was seriously uncomfortable, so the operation was a no-brainer.

Captain Comics said:

Tracy had Lasik many years ago, and delighted in reading other cars' license plates on the way home from the procedure.

I made this video of a local international music festival, but a Cosplayer, doing "Canadian Wonder Woman," turned up. This makes the third time that Cosplayer (in different guises) has "attacked" my camera on different videos.

Okay, then how about a Spec Fiction Con, with cosplayers, of course:

Question: Does anyone here read their comics in their car? I've noticed people doing that on new comic book day. I don't think I could ever do that. I have to be pretty comfortable before I can read my comics, but I see so many people doing it.

Hey, if you're so excited for your comics that you can't wait to get home, or until you're home from work to read them, I think that's great. I just can't read them in my car with the sun coming in and in my seat instead of at home where I can relax.

"Question: Does anyone here read their comics in their car?"

Me? Never.

But we used to have a member of the board who called himself Doc Manbot, and every week he posted "Doc Manbot's Saturn Reviews" (apparently he drove a Saturn) from his car on Wednesday afternoons.

I remember watching the Moon landing when I was six. I don't think I really understood at the time the full significance of the event.

I also don't remember the bit about the Belgians being there first.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service