Views: 53208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to a sourced statement at Wikipedia, DC hired a researcher to read every DC comic in preparation for Crisis on Infinite Earths, and the task took two years. I recall reading that at the time, though I have no idea who the hired researcher was. The book they cite is Reed Tucker's Slugfest, about the DC/Marvel rivalry.

I have just placed it on hold from my local library.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

It wasn't in preparation for Crisis (at least not CoIE), but you're thinking of Geoff Johns. 

What a job! Getting paid to read every DC comic ever made! 

Hadn't heard about that. But I know Geoff Johns had that same job, too, years later. 

The researcher who prepped for Crisis on Infinite Earths was Peter Sanderson. After that, he moved over to Marvel and became its official archivist, which helped with The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

Here's an interview with him at Bleeding Cool: "History Lessons With Peter Sanderson"

Sanderson and Geoff Johns (and the late Michael L. Fleischer) are not eligible for the "'I Read This So You Don't Have To' Award" because for them it was a job.

Here's a weird question for anyone who remembers old TV commercials. I think it was from the late 90s. The commercial I am trying to find was a disgruntled employee demanding a bonus from his boss. He shouts "Bonus!" repeatedly. "BO - NUS!" It might have been a credit card commercial. I honestly can't remember what it was selling. 

I hope one of you can help me. 

"I think it was from the late 90s."

Tracy... that's not old.

Going through the long boxes and saw this from 2009. No wonder the industry was losing women readers and this is only one example from this period!

No need to hurry.

From Adventures of the Jaguar #3.

Ploys of the super-heroes.

From "Starman's Lucky Star!", Adventure Comics #81, as reprinted in Justice League of America #112.

But sometimes he gets stuck for ideas.

From the Sunday strip version, 1946, as reprinted in Limited Collectors' Edition #37. In this version Two-Face was originally an actor named Harvey Apollo.

Amazing solution. Send the heart attack victim home.

Luke Blanchard said:

Ploys of the super-heroes.

From "Starman's Lucky Star!", Adventure Comics #81, as reprinted in Justice League of America #112.

A succinct paragraph listed from Deadline.Com:

Along with Walker, All American, Batwoman, Charmed, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, The Flash, In the Dark, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Riverdale and Roswell, New Mexico will return for the 2021-22 season.

The bold highlighting is mine.

They forgot it was Halloween. That's so easy to do.

From Unknown Worlds #56.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service