Views: 60573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Jeff,

Best of luck.  

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Richard Willis said:

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Seriously. My wife and a friend both had this done for the first eye.



Actually, I'm so used to my right eye being fuzzy it's not really an issue. Tomorrow is my second surgery, and soon I won't need glasses to drive at all. Everything checked at my appointment today, BTW.

Last week surgery on my right eye (nearsighted) took me offline for a couple of days.

This week, with my right eye healing nicely, surgery on my left eye won't take me off quite as long. 

A gasoline pump in a 1948 movie. Not only is the customer paying $0.255 for a (U.S.) gallon, but the pump is selling 4.9 gallons for the price of 4 gallons. I don't think it's really pumping gas and they didn't catch the mistake.

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Oh, good, I didn't get one and I was thinking that they'd decided that I wasn't worth alerting.

Richard Willis said:

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I finished the 3rd series of GHOSTS (UK) last night, too. There will be a Christmas special…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"GHOSTS (British): We finished watching season three last night. Little by little, how each of the…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"SKYFALL: Only three movies in and this installment presents a new beginning. It introduces the…"
2 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"I've always had the feeling that "dingbat" was something of an archaism, even in the…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"THE DINGBATS OF DANGER STREET: WRITER: Jack Kirby ARTIST: Jack Kirby PEDIGREE: Jack Kirby LEGACY:…"
3 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One of my favourite stories, from one of my favourite series, a robot cover by Brian Bolland, one…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Ah, dear old Robot ARCHIE, another character from the British annuals that I remember fondly."
5 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I have a couple of Archies that no one has posted yet, but I'd like to start by posting ARCHIE…"
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"In this story, whose title translates to something like "Interceptor Doll Hoihoi-san",…"
5 hours ago
Luke Blanchard replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"The Atlas story is structured like the first story from Fantastic Four #1: first we're…"
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service