Views: 56863

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know what's potentially more useful (and slightly scarier) than lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells? Self-replicating lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells.

These could be used in medicine and environmental clean-up, among other beneficial purposes. But such technology, to be frank, sometimes contains a stein full of potential dangers.

Guess we'll see how this one turns out.

JD DeLuzio said:

You know what's potentially more useful (and slightly scarier) than lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells? Self-replicating lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells.

These could be used in medicine and environmental clean-up, among other beneficial purposes. But such technology, to be frank, sometimes contains a stein full of potential dangers.

Guess we'll see how this one turns out.

In what world is sweet orange and brown sugar breakfast blend a viable substitute for French roast?

Sometimes I despair for humanity. 

I'm definitely going to have to look at that later.

Meanwhile, I had a weird and convoluted and impossible-to-parse dream, but it ended with me waking up with the clear image that I could recall, a final splash page of a comic clearly illustrated by Jack Kirby in some alternate reality, circa 1970:

Desolate area, foggy.

In the center we see an anthropomorphic, human-sized brown dog, probably a beagle, arms outstretched. He floats slightly above the land, and is both emerging from and a part of the fog. He wears a preposterous costume of the sort one might see on a late 60s/early 70s Asgardian or Fourth World New God.

His word balloon says:

“I am Fog Dog! Gloria Regina Mundi!”

Foregrounded to his left, a quintessential Kirbyesque female, also dressed as some kind of funnybook metahuman goddess, turning with comic-book disregard for human posture so we can see clearly her shocked visage, to which she has raised one hand:

* gasp * “It is Fog Dog! I never believed he could be real!”

Foregrounded to his right is a Hulking figure. He wears pants and a strange, thin wisp of fog swirls around his muscular chest, almost as though it forms a part of his costume:

“Waal…. If this dog won’t play nice, Big Tomsby is the guy who’ll make sure he gets housebroken!”

A single slender text box at the bottom indicates that the story will pick up in the next issue, using some ominous Marvelese that I cannot recall, something like (/me accesses online random word generator):

Next: The Presence Sporulation! 

Now I really want to read the rest of that story.

I doubt it would be any more bizarre than the actual Fourth World saga.

"Now I really want to read the rest of that story."

Sounds like Gødland. 

Seriously, you should read Gødland (if you haven't). 

PBS is showing a new version of the movie Around the World in 80 Days starring David Tennant. Today on its broadcast channels and then on its streaming service.

After a long wait, Astro City is returning with a 32-page Special titled  ASTRO CITY: THAT WAS THEN.

Diamond has it listed as JAN220057.

Resident Alien season 2 arrives on January 26.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 2 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up for the Final Issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE out on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service