Views: 58125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I caught this scene around the corner from my house while taking a walk. I think we've all felt like that squirrel:

(Yes, I have been told. That's a hawk and not a falcon).

When I was a little kid in the 50s in the Los Angeles area I would see ancient cartoons (that I didn't know were ancient) featuring Betty Boop and Felix the Cat. The Automobile Club regional magazine Westways always has a single page historical bit at the end of each issue. The Fall 2021 issue had this article about Felix the Cat and his namesake car dealership, both over 100 years old now. It is pointed out that Felix predated Mickey Mouse. The color image of the sign is from Felix Chevrolet's Facebook page.

"Men aren't evil, mostly, they're just ignorant... Individual men might be inherently evil, but mankind, as a mass, is not... This country must live with the kind of justice it dispenses... Out of that determination will come its future." 

The series I would write if I could. These aren't all to scale -  for example, Servo should be a good deal smaller (1'11'), and Torterra should be a lot larger (7'3').

Richard Willis said:

I had the opportunity once to buy it for 30 bucks.

Surprised to see Froppy in there. 

The Baron said:

The series I would write if I could. These aren't all to scale -  for example, Servo should be a good deal smaller (1'11'), and Torterra should be a lot larger (7'3').

She's always been my favorite  MHA character,

Randy Jackson said:

Surprised to see Froppy in there. 

The Baron said:

I never bought Hulk 1-6 from the rack. Years later I bought them as beaten up back issues. #1 was "poor" ondition I think. The article makes it clear that copies of #1 in decent condition are unheard of, which is why this one stands out.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Richard Willis said:

I had the opportunity once to buy it for 30 bucks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Dave Palmer replied to Hoy Murphy's discussion Happy birthday, Craig!
"Craig, Happy belated birthday!"
10 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""I’ve grown to like the character of Abby and this issue only serves to add to what I…"
1 hour ago
"We interrupt this discussion to bring you the following special announcement: This ships this week."
1 hour ago
Doctor Hmmm? replied to Captain Comics's discussion The Eye of Agamotto
1 hour ago
"Tracy got home around eight o'clock last night and, as I suspected, she wasn't in the…"
1 hour ago
Mr. Silver Age replied to Hoy Murphy's discussion Happy birthday, Craig!
"Thanks, all! I appreciate you remembering and sending good wishes. I think Dave may have been at…"
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion How Old Would Comics Characters Be If They Aged Normally? (And What Would They Be Doing Now?)
"Rick Tyler was first seen in 1985.  I'm a little sketchy as to how old he was meant to…"
2 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"This issue, illustrated by Neal Adams and written by Dennis O'Neil, features Batman and Robin…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"You are now an episode ahead of where we left off. "
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion The Eye of Agamotto
"Nice!"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I don't think we've done this pair yet..."
3 hours ago
Fraser Sherman replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"Reading about Howard, I've come to appreciate how much work he put in, despite his efforts to…"
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service