Well , are you ?

I mean , I summed it all up in the header...........

If so , will you go to a Friday , 12:01 A.M. show , as I may do , as the pretty nearby multiplex in Santa Cruz IS doing ?

I mean ( Warning - Sarcasm/" doubled??-back irony "/whatever approacheth . ) gawwrssh , we're all " nerds/geeks " and this is supposed to be our moment for the summer , anyway --- ISN'T it ?????????

Oh , and is it an " intended " 3-D film ?

It appears said SC m-p is offering a 3-D as well as flat version , but I don't recall the advance publicity mentioning any " Hawk-arrow in your lap " version .

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So did I. I loved it. I loved everything about it!

Nope.  We have school commitments for the whole weekend.  But we're trying to get a group together to see it next week instead.

Similar issue here.  But The Lovely and Talented was won over by the TV spots and has agreed to go with me!

Yay!

Working all weekend but will try for Monday, which is pretty much my weekend!

...Well , CC , I guess that was more in adavance , and , I was caught by the topical spirit...And it got response !!!!!!!!!!!

Actually , do posts in the Events board even show up in the rightside new posts column ?????????

Captain Comics said:

Bought tix for the midnight show Friday a couple of nights ago, since I work til 11:30 on Fridays and Saturdays and didn't want to take any chances.

Incidentally, there's already a minor thread going on this topic on the Events calendar.

I did actually attempt to see it on Sunday, but no go. First time it was flat out sold out. Second time the people in front of us were told they would be sitting in the first row, I figured our chances weren't going to be any better. So probably later this week.

To me the problem around here is too many screens showing the 3D version of the movie.

I was on vacation this past weekend (visiting friends & family in L.A. and going camping at Joshua Tree), so wasn't sure I'd be able to get a window in to see it. But we decided to make time after we got back from camping, and so saw the 7:30 show Sunday at the El Capitan (where Marvel hosted their midnight premiere). It was awesome! The theater was packed (the audience was really into it, breaking into a huge ovation on the one shot where the entire team is finally together); there were a couple of little kids in costume who were adorable; and the theater had a) a mini-museum of items from Stan Lee's personal collection, and b) a wax RDJr-as-Tony-Stark from Madame Tussauds' that people could pose with for pictures.

All that, plus getting to go with both my lovely wife and one of my oldest and dearest friends, who I don't get to see that often because he lives 2000 miles away, PLUS the movie being absolutely awesome, combined to make this one of the best movie-going experiences of my life.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service